Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fixing floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixing floor

I'm having trouble fixing the way the wooden floor look. I want to make the floor smaller as in the wood stripes.
    Last edited by vmgarcia; April 19, 2007, 21:37.
    Vanassa

You got to go to the UV texure editor and select the UV's, and size them down.

Comment

that is the problem for me. I go to the UV's editor and right click to UV.
      nothing happens or I don't know what to do after that.
      Vanassa

Comment

Just planar map it in the Z direction and size it down to however small you want the patterns to be.
        sigpic

Comment

thanks
          Vanassa

Comment

When you right click to UV's, then you have to select all the UV's in the texture editor. But yeah, when you do the planar projection from whatever axis it is that you need to do it on, then the UV's for the floor should show up in the texture editor. Then select all those UV's, and size them down, or like Matt said you could size them down when you do the Planar projection since you already have the texture on there. I think Matt may be wrong and you need to do the planar projection from the Y axis though. But it ultimately depends on what axis those faces are facing... confuse you yet???

Comment

yea kinda but I guess I have to see slowly to understand.

Also is there a way to have to material show on the perspective view instead of having to click the rendering button all the time?

Oh yeah another thing how to I make glass look like glass? Cause I'm trying to texture a glass cup and of course a glass cup will be see through. It's kinda hard to find a glass cup flat.
              Vanassa

Comment

Make sure you hit 6 on your keyboard to show Textures.

Start thinking about what characteristics make glass glass. What color is it? It it transparent? etc....

Comment

Working...
                X