Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi hdri render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi hdri render

Here is the audi again, but a better render. I will try different hdri maps later on, but tell me what you think.

Hey, there is some really nice stuff happening there. That HDRI stuff does some really incredible work....now I'd like to see you composite it into a photograph (y'know cross over classes).

The one area I'd really look at is the wheels/tire area. The connection there just seems kind of strange - but it might be right; not sure what your research says.

Looking great. Keep it going.

Comment

Hdri is quite nice, thanks for showing me the watkins way. :)

Yeah I'd like to do some compositing of the car, both of them really, but finding a good picture is kinda hard. Maybe my driveway will work. My driveway is real simple; there are also no complicated shadows, just a driveway. I’m going to try that if I have any time.

By the way, will the stairs in front of the student center work for our compositing exercise on Tuesday? If not maybe the wooden stairs behind the student center over by the cafeteria, but I don’t know if you wanted it to be a secluded area.

Comment

It doesn't have to be a secluded place. Just a plac tthat you think will be interesting for the project.

Yeah, your own house could work well; you could even take your own shots on the spot to use as your Sky texture so that the HDRI-esque effects on teh car really match the surroundings.

Comment

now if I take pictures of the sky, does it have to be all around or what? Cause its not going to be an hdr probe or cross. Is there something to convert a regular picture into one of those 2?

Comment

Yep, you'd want to take shots all around. Ther'es a program called HDR Shop that you'll want to get your hands on (it's legal and free), that will help you create real HDRI's.

Comment

great! I'll check it out.

Comment

Nice man. One thing about tires though, most people scenes Ive seen just texutre the tires instead of modeling them. It makes it look preaty unrealistic. anyone have ideas on how to make them look like they actually can tread pavment?(not that your car model has this problem, just saying is all)

Comment

yeah, I actually textured these tires with tread maps, but it didnt work out too well. A displacement map might do pretty good, but I'll probably go ahead and just model the treads anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X