Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graduate Record Examinations Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduate Record Examinations Question?

Just found out that I need to take this test to apply for UH, and I was wondering if someone out there in cyber forum space could help me with a question that I have?

Would it be better to take the GRE in written form, or using the computer. I just wanted to see if anyone out there had already taken the GRE test.

This is what I know so far:

The fee for the test is around $100.00-120.00 dollars and you must apply three weeks in advanced before you can take the test. It takes about four to six weeks to get the result; which is mailed to the University of your choosen.

I took the GRE on paper. I can't really compare since I never took it on the computer. I liked being able to go back and go over questions and see my own work on the page....but that's just me.

One note: the GRE was hard. If a good score is required, make sure and get some GRE preparation materials.

Comment

Rumor has it that if you take the GRE on the computer, the more you get correct the harder the questions which results in a higher score overall... but that's what I've heard.
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

COMPUTER!

So...if i get the answers wrong then it results in easier question asked after wards? Thus making my score higher as well because now they are easier! Just curious...I plan to dedicate one month and 3 weeks of hardcore Preparation! Deadline is going to be on Feb 16, 2004 for the fall of 2004!

I have been looking for tons of info regarding the GRE
        I am looking for info on:

1. Grammar <- i was never a good writer!
        2. Building vocabulary <- never really cared for more than 100 words - j/k
        3. Looking at samples for the analytical writing at http://www.gre.org
        this is a good place to gather information regarding the GRE test!

Comment

Working...
        X