Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media Center Graphic arts PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Center Graphic arts PCs

Kind of interesting, but out of the 6 whole PCs that are allocated for graphic arts students, only 2 are up right now. Not only that, the new gateways that are used for Microsoft Office, have way more RAM and better graphics cards. I'd just switch a couple of the machines lol, but I know it has to do with alternating years for upgrading etc. Since no students seem to be worried about it, I think things will get taken care of in time, just not very soon. ;) Just an observation...

Media Center has retained ownership of this lab and were currently working with Rodney Evans and Gino Segovia (both media center employees) on getting those machines up and running with CGA software

Comment

I think all 6 are up now. It's true that it's too bad that the left the smallest machines for the Graphic Arts folks (those who need the most horse-power). But as long as all 6 are working, folks should be in good shape.

Comment

Well i was looking at them today and Maya is still not running on them. It says lisence has expired or soemthing. :confused:
        Last edited by acarrera; September 8, 2006, 15:47.

Comment

Could you please post the exact error?

Comment

yeah tomorrow i work again, so ill get that for you.

Comment

This is what it says.

Maya 7.0 could not be started because there are no appropiate licenses installed on this computer. Please request and install your license using the options below.

Request an activation key for Maya 7.0

Download license upgrades for Maya 7.0

Comment

OK....that's an easy fix. We just need to copy the AW.dat file from the JB108 machines and copy it to the Media Center so those machines know where to look for their license at.

Comment

Working...
                X