Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Students Called to Brand OCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Students Called to Brand OCS

Students Called to Brand OCS

Calling all students and student groups! The Office of Career Services (OCS) needs your help in establishing a brand for our office with a new logo and slogan or tag line. The logo and tag line should convey the mission and purpose of our office within the UIW community and increase student interest in and recognition of Career Services. Be creative and think outside the box! The UIW community will vote for its favorite entries, and OCS staff will then select the winner from the top three. The winning student will receive an Apple iPod, or if the entry was a group effort, a donation of $250.00 to the group. Deadline for entries is Sept.15; voting is Sept. 30; unveiling of new creative is Oct. 2. Submit entries to: watts@uiwtx.edu. For more information, contact: Career Services Chapel Bldg, room 14: 829-3931. Participants must be enrolled at least part time at UIW for the fall 2006 semester.

Personal Commentary:
    This type of approach to "Branding" by choosing from a pool of unqualified "designs" selected by an unqualified committee is always an invitation to a graphic and communications train wreck. However, since they have opted for this approach, CART students should have a shot at it. If you do a good one and it is not selected, first don't be surprised and second put it in your portfolio. You'll likely look even better by comparison with the selected version. Who knows.....
    "No cape darling"

I guess this is their current logo?
    Attached Files

Comment

oh god, MY EYES!
      At first, writing for The New Yorker was very scary to me. I couldn't imagine anything that I would write in that typeface. ~David Sedaris

Comment

And what is the mission captain

Needs to reflect the dept mission? well what is the mission
        I didnt see it on the page will email and post if I get a reply.

oh and spooty
        ROFLMAO

Comment

OCS Mission

Here is what I received from the OCS when I asked if a better example of the mission statment existed.

--------------------------------
          Thank you for your interest in branding the OCS. Please use the information available on our website, in the UIW Student Handbook, and in our office (Chapel Bldg., Room 14) to develop your concepts/logo/tagline.
          --------------------------------

Hope this helps anyone else

Comment

I translate that as "We actually didn't think anyone would ask us such a question".

Comment

Working...
            X