Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirates II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates II

Saw this movie last night... finally. Great film. Right on par with the first one and the best movie of the summer so far.

Loved Davey Jones and his crew.

You might want to rewatch the first one so that you can brush up on the characters since most of them pop up here and there in this one.

The ending was fantastic, and I can't wait for the third movie to come out next summer.

4 stars for me.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

I saw it as well....

I hadn't done any research on it before I saw it, so I knew nothing about the effects and stuff...

My first impression was that there was no conceivable way that they used live-action facial animation through puppets or mechanics to create Davy Jones... but at the same time I couldn't see them making that in CG, it was TOO good. When I found out they had and read about it I still don't understand how hard it must have been to make somehting that good... his face and tentacles and all that was simply amazing.

One thing I didn't like about the story was how Sparrow seemed to turn on them, from the last film I liked how they sorta were all good friends at the end. I wish it was more like that in this one, but maybe the 3rd one will spell that out... Then again I don't really know much about story telling and how plots should be either... lol

Comment

I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago and like the first movie I fell in love all over again not only with the movie but with Johnny Depp!!!

Comment

i hated it. i disliked the first one as well, but this could easily the worst movie i've seen in years.
        Pi Studios

Comment

Everytime I hear about Davey Jones I just think of the Davy Jones in The Monkees. He sure knew how to rock that tambourine. Yep. :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
          X