Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Shrek The Third" (May 18, 2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Shrek The Third" (May 18, 2007)

Here we go again!

DreamWorks Animation has cast a small medieval kingdom's worth of fairy tale characters to appear in "Shrek the Third."

The next installment of the smelly ogre's saga, set for release next year, will star an elite, ninja-like strike force of fairy tale princesses voiced by Amy Sedaris as Cinderella, Amy Poehler as Snow White, Maya Rudolph as Rapunzel and Cheri Oteri as Sleeping Beauty.

Organized by Princess Fiona, the ladies underground resistance movement fends off a coup d'etat by Prince Charming (Rupert Everett) in the land of Far, Far Away.

Also joining the hit animated comedy's cast are Ian McShane as Captain Hook, John Krasinski as Sir Lancelot and Monty Python veteran Eric Idle as Merlin the magician.

The film's main roles again will be voiced by Mike Myers (Shrek), Cameron Diaz (Princess Fiona), Eddie Murphy (Donkey) and Antonio Banderas (Puss in Boots). Justin Timberlake will voice King Arthur, aka Artie.

"Shrek the Third" is being directed by Chris Miller, co-directed by Raman Hui, produced by Aron Warner and executive produced by Andrew Adamson and John H. Williams.

The DWA comedy will be distributed by Paramount Pictures and is set for release May 18.
    Here's the plot (highlight to read):

"Shrek the Third" finds the green ogre married to Princess Fiona, but becoming the next King and Queen of Far, Far Away wasn't part of his plan. When his father-in-law, King Harold (John Cleese), falls ill, it is up to Shrek to find a suitable heir or he will be forced to give up his beloved swamp for the throne. Recruiting Donkey and Puss, Shrek sets out to bring back the rightful heir to the throne, Fiona's rebellious cousin Artie. Back in Far, Far Away, Fiona's jilted Prince Charming storms the city with an army of fairy tale villains to seize the throne. But they have a surprise because Fiona, together with her mother, Queen Lillian (Julie Andrews), has drafted her fellow fairy tale heroines to defend their "happily ever afters." As Shrek, Donkey and Puss work on changing Artie from a royal pain into a future king, Fiona and her band of princesses must stop Prince Charming to ensure that there will be a kingdom left to rule.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Oh joy.

Comment

Well at least it has Amy Sedaris. I love her and her brother.
      At first, writing for The New Yorker was very scary to me. I couldn't imagine anything that I would write in that typeface. ~David Sedaris

Comment

i liked part one and hated part 2 ... lets see what happens..
        enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

Shrek the Third (5/18/07)

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Yet another installment of everyone's favorite Ogre.

Looks pretty good.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait!!! I got my isabelle the small 4 disc box set that has shrek 1 & 2 plus shrek 3D and a disc of extra features... shrek is by far my favorite recent animated movie... cant wait to take the kiddos to see this flick!!!!
            The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

:rolleyes:

Comment

For some reason, I can't stand the voice of Fiona, Cameron Diaz killez the whole movie for me :(
                About to start life @ the SMU guildhall :D

Comment

Took the kiddies to see this today.

The story was very thin, as were the jokes, but it was enjoyable.

My favorite scene in the film was the "croaking" of King Harold. :lol:

I give it **/****.

... and is it just me, or Dreamworks getting a little better with humans from movie to movie? I remember the humans in the first movie being so badly animated and modeled, but in this movie I was bothered that they were looking and acting too real.

Comment

Working...
                  X