Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars

I was a little worried about how this would turn out, but trust me, this movie is amazing! As usual, the visuals were stunning, and the whole movie was just as great.

Oh... One Man Band was really funny too!

Ack, you and your early screenings... :P

Can't wait to see it!

Comment

(hugs little sister)I know. ;)(/hugs little sister)

Oh I forgot! The Ratatouille trailer looks amazing as well, I kept staring at the skin texture on the hand.

Comment

I took my girls to see it eariler today and really really loved it!!!! We read the weekenders review and were wondering if it would be good but i thought the story line was definitly pixar quality... the kids enjoyed it as well.

Be sure to stay for the credits... they are quite entertaining!!!!
        The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

Just got back from watching it and wow, production quality was amazing, not to mention everything else.
          JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Saw it today. Looks nice. Characters and theme were pretty uninspired.

Honestly I was pretty bored. The theatre I saw it in had a large birthday crowd of kids. The kids antics in the theatre were strangely more entertaining than the movie itself. The quiet conversations in the middle of the movie is when the kids were at their craziest. It was a good reminder why it is sometimes fun to see a movie with a group of strangers. My perspective might have been swayed by the poor viewing conditions but I don't mind.

Small thing I noticed. Human attributes worked pretty although inaccurate to a real car. For example, the cars leaned against a curve just like how human beings would lean there body amidst running on turn. A real car would lean into the turn not against. But I think it works most the time, a bit of a give and take issue on the dynamics.
            箴 言 18:12
            敗 壞 之 先 , 人 心 驕 傲 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。

Comment

Same here saw it last night., I liked it, but for me it just didnt feel as catchy as Pixar's last few films. -- Great story. Great messege. -- THe lighting of this film however was phenomonal. Excellent source of dynamic facial expressions.

I dont know the whole time I was thinkin the Chevron cars, for this first time around didnt think it was as exciting as I thought, Heck I even saw people walk out of the theatre about 30 minutes in to the film. but boy, tell yeah one thing, Pixar sure did racing justice, cause this is as exciting Nascar could ever get.

have to say I love the Luigi and Guido. Funniest scenes for me were
              the whole " Twins" flashing Mcqueen in the beginning, Mater at Fla's sayin- "Doc did what in his can?" , and just about every scene with Luigi and Guido, mainly Guido.

Oh haha and the end credits were great!
              It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
              -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Originally posted by Bucket

Small thing I noticed. Human attributes worked pretty although inaccurate to a real car. For example, the cars leaned against a curve just like how human beings would lean there body amidst running on turn. A real car would lean into the turn not against. But I think it works most the time, a bit of a give and take issue on the dynamics.
                True I have not seen the movie as of yet but I would love to see one of these real cars you speak of. Every car I have ever seen or ridden in, in my 39 years has always leaned away from a curve. That is the sole reason for a sway bar forward and rear of just about any automobile with the exception of a motorcycle, even NASCAR cars are sporting sway bars to keep body roll to a minimum.

Momentum is the main reason for sway in the first place; an object in motion tends to want to stay on its path of travel.

While a motorcycle is working in a whole different way with the gyroscopic action of the two wheels keeps the bike upright at speed. The rider actually has to lean into a turn, even though the front wheel is really turning the opposite direction of the intended curve (i.e. left turn the wheel is slightly turned to the right...)

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

yeah it's too bad it had to take on the Doc Hollywood story. I think the publicity alone will make them more than enough money.
                  JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Originally posted by texas72shovelhead
                    True I have not seen the movie as of yet but I would love to see one of these real cars you speak of. Every car I have ever seen or ridden in, in my 39 years has always leaned away from a curve. That is the sole reason for a sway bar forward and rear of just about any automobile with the exception of a motorcycle, even NASCAR cars are sporting sway bars to keep body roll to a minimum.

Momentum is the main reason for sway in the first place; an object in motion tends to want to stay on its path of travel.

While a motorcycle is working in a whole different way with the gyroscopic action of the two wheels keeps the bike upright at speed. The rider actually has to lean into a turn, even though the front wheel is really turning the opposite direction of the intended curve (i.e. left turn the wheel is slightly turned to the right...)
                    Originally posted by texas72shovelhead

I should've been more specific with what I said. Leaning into, lean against just doesn't translate to well. In fact, they both mean the same thing. But I said into, I don't think that makes a difference still. (woops) Anyways I think we both have the right idea. yay english language.

The cars in the movie don't do this..

The cars behave more like a bike or a person running like this on a curve.

I had a few teachers who told me they hated english because there is a lack of consistancy in usage and design. Gave me a long list of contradictory terms and words. I lost the list but I remember a few on the list.

Parkway vs Driveway (you park on driveway but drive on a parkway)
                    Inflammable vs flammable

Comment

OH MY GOD! Thats right it is exactly lik the DOc Hollywood movie with MJ Fox!! haha I knew I've seen this story formula before! I loved that movie!
                      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

I couldn't help but notice they had the one man band short up on itunes to buy for $2. Wonder how long they had up that up? Too bad it's lousy quallity.

Comment

Hey Andrew just got a new Cannon SL1. We could just sneak it in and record the shot. What you need it at Ben, 720 by 480 DVNTSC dvd quality? Sure no prob Let you know when we get it, and I'll upload it on our very own dedicated server. HAHAH Just messin around!
                          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Hey Will, What are you up to man?
                            JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Still at Matchframe, working on some great history channel stuff! Finally got a membership for Lauren and myself to workout at Spectrum. On a new soy diet. Got a new car, '06 Saturn Ion, and no it wasnt a present, my Mistubisihi took a crap on me about a few weeks after graduation (what a coincidence), because of our intense curriculum I never made time to get an oil check up.
                              Repairs ended up to be around 2K so I decided it wasnt worth putting so much dough into an old car. It did its job, it took me to school and back.
                              Oh man and if yall ever get a new car, take a look at Cavender Toyota/Saturn at Bandera/410 they are The most hospitible and curtious people on this planet, and totallly patient and nice. Usually if you go to places like Redmccombs, you come in with a haggling mentality, that yer there to do battle with one of the several sales people that will swarm out and attack you. They just arnt like that with Cavender,if you dont get something they'll gladly retouch on what they explained instead of shoving some paper to you to sign with you not knowing wtf is going on. Lets see what else am I up too.. onhyeah! well I plan to take over the world sometime soon. But for now I'm trying to keep track on whats going on with the World Cup.
                              -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
                              X