Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The DaVinci Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DaVinci Code

Finally saw it this afternoon... and it was okay. I liked the book alot better and was amazed at some of the stuff that they left out and other parts that they took great liberties in.

I'd give this 2 1/2 out of 4 stars.

I liked the acting and the locations (what was funny is that I visited the Louvre and Westminister Abbey just last month).

Here are my gripes (highlight to read):

- Losing the inner cryptic and using the inner ones password to open the outer cryptic was strange to me, but I can see how those who haven't read the book wouldn't pick it up.

- Using the 'library card' -- ahem -- internet ready cel phone to get the A. Pope clue was a bit dumb-down. I liked the interaction of the librarian when she recognized Langdon.

- Interrupting his book signing rather than pulling him out of bed in the middle of the night. I thought the latter was more dramatic.

- Showing Teabing over the body of Remy... it was too early to show him. Couple that with Sophie's seeing the dust tracks of the shoeprints and cane marks and the twist is ruined before it happens.

- Silas getting shot right there rather than being found dead in the park.

- The omission of her brother at the end and the gathering of the 'priory' folks.

- I was really upset that Aringarosa told the council what he was going to do with the money. That whole rearrangement made me cringe and it didn't help the story.

And my likes:

+ I loved the flashbacks in history while Langdon and Teabing were talking.

+ I also liked the 'effects' that were used while Langdon was solving the anagrams and the cryptic.

I would have liked the movie to have been a half an hour longer and a few things weaved back in. I wouldn't have minded it much. Since I had read the book first, I think I was a bit biased walking in.

I won't be buying the DVD, but if I could borrow it from someone I might watch it again.

One last thing... I had no problem with the central plot of the film or book and see it as quite plausable.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Ive been meaning to go see this movie. I havent read the book so im guessing that i will probably enjoy the movie more than if i had read the book... I usually like almost everything that Tom Hanks is in... atleast all the movies ive seen.

Maybe ill head out to the drive in this weekend and check it out...
    The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

i saw the movie and enjoyed it. i think it's really interesting how Dan Brown could connect all of those things (real locations, real art, etc) to make a fictional story. i guess that's why everyone freaked out about the book...it makes sense, i guess.

i probably would have enjoyed it better if i didn't know everything that was going to happen. i've never read the book, but i do work in a bookstore. people come in everyday (really...everyday) and explain the book to their friends. that happens to me with a lot of books. :(

Comment

i loved it ... i liked how everything was connected... for me everything was unexpected and saw it as science fiction .. i really liked the actors ... tom hanks is amazing ... i give it a 5 out of 5 ... it didnt even feel that long because i was enjoying every minute of it ...
        enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

No dont go see it, rent it when it comes on dvd, it was boring and totally predictable, almost follows the 'ol Scooby Doo- 3rd character you meet is the bad guy -complex". Haven't read the book. Although there are some parts like the beginning that was some what thought provoking but to me wasnt very new since quite a few of these concepts were mentioned in both my upperlevel Philosophy courses.

just go see Xmen 3 or Over the Hedge, man I was like dang I wished I went to go see OTH, but I was forced to see this crap cause it was my buddies Bday.. well he liked it, guess that counts. And no I'm not criticizing from a relgious POV, I just thought it was plain boring and the whole time the director had to spoon feed what was going on.
          It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

by far the worst movie i've wasted my time and money on in years.

i too, was forced to see this, because my friend doesn't have a car and really wanted to see it so i didn't mind taking him to go see it.

but man, YAWNSVILLE!
            Pi Studios

Comment

I read the book and thought the book was better. I liked the movie also but perferred the book over the movie. i have to agree with you, Clayton on why I liked the book better. I didnt like how they betrayed the grandfather in the movie. I think if u are into these types of movies then go see it, if not then dont go. Dont decide to see it based on what others think. I never look at the reviews because they are never right to me. If you read the book then you will why the book is better. :)

Comment

Working...
              X