Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D Summer Work: San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Summer Work: San Antonio

My group out of Odessa has a series of animations (1500) of therapeutic exercise created in Poser. He has used them for patient education. We are now looking at doing some tutorials for rehabilitation professionals on strength testing, joint measurement and general orthopedic examination.

The joint measurement portion is designed to include 130 motions with 3 views each making 390 views. The strength testing is designed with approximately the same number (perhaps a few less). The general orthopedic exam will involve examination of the entire body including all the joints. I anticipate it requiring about 150 examinations with 3 views each.

The joint measurement primarily is just the “patient figure” and a prop made in 3D studio. The muscle testing is more difficult in that it requires interaction of a “therapist figure” and a patient figure. The general orthopedic exam also requires interaction.

We are in the development phase and plan to expand our scope and market this Fall. We need an animator(s) to develop these, in consultation with me for the proper technique. Therefore, it would be a lot easier if they were in easy driving distance of San Antonio or Midland/Odessa. Compensation is negotiable but our plan is to make it on a “per animation” basis rather than hourly.

Clayton D. Gable, Ph.D., PT

Office: 210-295-9409

Cool animators needed.... Im interested. When is a good time to call?

Comment

Originally posted by jthep
      Cool animators needed.... Im interested. When is a good time to call?
      NOW!
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Yeah, that was posted a long time ago. They might have already filled the position.

Comment

Professor Watkins can this gig be considere an internship?

Comment

No. An internship requires you to be supervised by a professional in the area. This guy isn't exactly a 3D professional.

However, remember that this probably is better for your portfolio than cooking. ;-)

Comment

Hey professor Watkins Dr. Gable was wondering if you were interested in adding another course elective for 3D people to take. He has a buddy that teaches kinesiology at UTSA. If you are interested he would like to talk with you.

Comment

Working...
              X