Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professional project from start to finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional project from start to finish

Pretty cool site that shows the process of a professional job from start to finish. Check it…

http://makinestudios.com/bimbo/home.htm
    "

ooooh that looks like xsi

Comment

Mexican Goalie :D

He used to be very good. Jorge Campos
      enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

Originally posted by Keiphus
        ooooh that looks like xsi
        what you mean the grass dynamics test with the primitive floating over it?

The manipulator at the bottom left and the Headsup display at the top look very close to Maya, but who knows XSI could have the same.
        It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
        -Tyler Durdan

Comment

youre probably right I only looked at it real quick :p

Comment

i just wish they showed more about the actual 3D... IE, how they did that cloth sim, the stadium rising up, etc... thats a pretty awesome commercial.

Comment

Yeah, Maya definitely. you can tell from the Heads Up Display. although this technology is available in most every 3D app these days (I just wrote a tutorial on grass simulation in C4D a couple months ago).

Comment

The animator is Blake Newton. He is a Maya Generalist / Character Animator
                http://newtonparadigm.com/
                "

Comment

hey guys! thanks for checking out the commercial. glad you liked it! the simulation you saw was done in maya with a rig for the wheat and a dynamic curve (maya's hair system) attached for the dynamics. it was a blast working on the project. another fella by the name of Chaz Waters worked side by side with me to create all the 3d. his site is www.chazwaters.com

we're working to see if we can post some more 3d stuff, so i'll try and keep you updated. thanks again!

Blake Newton

Comment

Working...
                  X