Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on school

After this I would like to try my hand at film school, or other fields like it. Just asking Mr. Watkins or Mr. Clayton what you have heard about this place (or also to extend into more schooling for graphic arts) www.academyart.edu/

ArtAcademy's or Institutes of Art or even Gnomon. Most of these end up really being vo-tech schools of art. The benefit of these models is that you are highly focused on just your area of emphasis; so students at these locations usually end up being extremely proficient at the software in a very short amount of time.

The drawback of this is that the degree often is kind of one-dimensional. Believe it or not, many companies actually want to have animators or workers who've had history, philosophy, psycology, etc....The problem then ends up being if you don't like the animation or film industry, or the jobs are hard to come by, your degree doesn't afford you the luxury of moving laterally into another area.

But, as for the specifics of film programs, it'd probably be best to ask a film expert.

Dora Fitzgerald is a professor in the Comm. Arts department; she has her MFA from Columbia Film School (consistently one of the top 5 in the world). She would probably be the best one to let you know what the reputation of certain film schools are.

Her email is : fitzgera@universe.uiwtx.edu

I'm sure she'd be happey to talk with you about it.

Comment

Thanks a bunch adam! allways got the connections eh

Comment

Working...
      X