Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portfolio Review Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio Review Q&A

If you have any questions that weren't asked last night, ask them here.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Do we need to get the unofficial transcript from the registrars office or can we print a copy off bannerweb?

Comment

Well, if you would have been the meeting you'd know. ;)

A printout from Bannerweb will be fine.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Okay I'm a little confused. My paper says 3-5 drawings from drawing class but people are telling me it's 5.

Comment

5 does fall into the range of 3 to 5 drawings. 3 is the least number we'd like to see and 5 is the most.

So 3 or 4 or 5 drawings would be adequate.

It is your choice.

Now Professor Watkins did say that if you are 3D he would like to see more drawings if they are relevant to animation and character design. Those would be on top of the required drawings from your Drawing I class.

Comment

Alright, that makes sense, so if I were to submit lots of the extra drawings and designs, it should be okay? I have a few of those.

Comment

If "lots" means "5 to 10" and not "50 to 100", then yes, "lots" of other drawings might be okay... as long as they are good.

Comment

LOL. Alright

Comment

ONE more question dealing with picking up the portfolio.
                  It said to pick it up monday. I'm going on the trip monday.
                  We may not be able to pick it up due to that, though it depends on when they are ready. When do you think they'll be ready, earlier then noon?

Comment

Originally posted by Obsydian
                    ONE more question dealing with picking up the portfolio.
                    It said to pick it up monday. I'm going on the trip monday.
                    We may not be able to pick it up due to that, though it depends on when they are ready. When do you think they'll be ready, earlier then noon?
                    We think they will be available Monday morning but if not you will need to make arrangements for someone else to pick it up for you. The Deans office can not store things during the summer.
                    "No cape darling"

Comment

Deadline

On the handout, the dates for submitting portfolios are May 9,10,11, on the website the deadline is May 10. So we can turn them in tommorrow before 5pm, correct?

Comment

I have a quick question regarding what has to be in it for the Digital Imaging class..

It says "Self Portrait" but we never turned in mounted versions of the self portrait... cam just had us post those online.... what should we do there?

Comment

rstansford: You can thurn them in up until 5 PM on Thursday, May 11th.

Keiphus: Just make nice printouts of them and include them in the portfolio. Mount them if you'd like, but just include them.

Comment

We did not do a self portrait in James' class.
                            Our mounted projects were:

pictographs
                            logo
                            movie poster
                            national geographic poster
                            portfolio website

do we need to mount anything else?

Comment

you dont have to put that one ... they said it in that meeting :D

just put everything you've mounted, a project book for foundations, a project book from typography, drawings from drawing class (or any other cool drawings that u may have) and binder/folder with 4 or more Photographs from photography class.

someone correct me if i am wrong but i believe this is what they said
                              enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

Working...
                              X