Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transform box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transform box

when i select something, the transform box around it does not appear...
    for example .. i select the text Typography and i want to resize it ... but i have to go click the scale tool and then do so ... is there a way to fix this?
    enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

What program are you in?
    At first, writing for The New Yorker was very scary to me. I couldn't imagine anything that I would write in that typeface. ~David Sedaris

Comment

illustrator
      enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

echoes of Fagan ringing in my head...

you should resize text with the size box related to text, its one way of keeping check on all your sizes... but if you want it done with the bounding box just make sure the text tool is not selected and the selection tool (the solid black arrow) is selected... once your box pops up what ever you do make sure you hold down the SHIFT key when you resize so you can maintain the propor dimentions of the type.

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

the problem is that when i select a shape or a text with the selection tool ... the bounding box does not appear... lets say .. on the word typography..when i select it the only thing that appears is that line on the bottom ... instead of the box to resize it. This also happens with shapes... so if i want to resize a shape i have to go and click on the Scale tool ... and then resize...

Comment

Try "CTRL + H"

Dime si trabajo, ok
            Last edited by Suxa; April 21, 2006, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by molina
              when i select something, the transform box around it does not appear...
              for example .. i select the text Typography and i want to resize it ... but i have to go click the scale tool and then do so ... is there a way to fix this?
              First see the post above.

Second, it can depend on how you created the text in the first place. Remember that Illustrator treats text differently if you first made it by dragging a text box or if you made it by clicking and then typing.

If you made the text initially by clicking and dragging a text box then you can't use the selection tool to enlarge it as long as it's text.

No matter how you made the text initially you should be able to see the bounding box as long as it's not hidden. (control H)
              "No cape darling"

Comment

Also make sure you're using the Black Arrow (V) instead of the White (A) one... (direct select)

Comment

Originally posted by Suxa
                  Try "CTRL + H"

Dime si trabajo, ok

Ah man! wicked Avatar, Susanna!
                  It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                  -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Ah man! wicked Avatar, Susanna!
                    Thanks Will!

Comment

Working...
                    X