Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skin Weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin Weights

I'm already repairing it, but when I opened up James' character, the skin weights re-assigned themselves all ova tha place. Just wondering, why did this happen?...never touched the character until I got home either...weird huh
    JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

You sure you're working with the same version of Maya? Also, you don't happen to have imported more than one version of any object that may have the same names?

Comment

nope and had to re-reference the character file into the scene I'm animating because for some reason only the joints and curves show up when I opened it....?
      JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Hmmmm....re-reference. Are you sure you've re-referenced the correct file? Might want to double-ckeck that.....

Comment

yes, now I've got another problem. I painted one side and am checking it. As I pull the foot up, vertices all over the body go different places. I thought, oh well I'll just repaint those back into position, but it's not letting me do that, they stay in that spot...
          JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Ok smart guys, figure this one out... I went back into the original file that I'm referencing and checked the skin weights, they are assigned all over the place....BUT! when I move the fingers or whatever I'm testing, everything moves fine....uh whaaaaa????
            JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

If everything's working fine, take the money and run. Wait, that doesn't help any does it. You say all the skin weights are messed up, but everything works fine? And, when you try to repaint things, nothing works right? You're adding influence and not subtracting when you paint skin weights correct?

Comment

yup
                JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Post the file....

Comment

too big, I'll e-mail it
                    JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Working...