Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Opportunity

We have the opportunity to send 5 or 6 students (“American students of Hispanic origin or Latin American students in the U.S.) to participate with approximately 150 of the top Hispanic students in the nation, all expenses paid in the Vanguardia Latina forum in Washington D.C. from May 3rd through May 5th. The focus of the forum will be the Latino identity, reality and leadership trends and the links to Latin America; key aspects of Latin America’s present and future; and the common challenges of the Americas.

Raul Rodriquez, Benson Chair at the H-E-B School of Business and Administration, serves on Vanguardia’s five-member Advisory Board and has secured an invitation for UIW to submit at least five students with the following credentials:

1. American students of Hispanic origin or Latin American students in the U.S.
    2. GPA above 3.5
    3. Fluent in Spanish
    4. Senior undergrad. or graduate students
    5. Leadership skills and community involvement

The students will travel on May 2nd and will return Saturday, May 6th. The big issue is that we need to submit our candidates no later than March 24th. I realize how tight this is, especially with us being in Spring Break, but it is too good an opportunity for our students to miss. We have been asked to try to choose students from a variety of disciplines as well as countries of origin. As soon as I send this to you, I will dig back in my email and find the one from Raul so that you can see any other details.

Another detail to note is that this is just before final exams. It means we have to have students who can afford to miss those last 4 days before exams.
Working...
X