Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

typography proj 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• typography proj 4

What do you think about the treatment of the quote on the left and the boxes around the first letter of the paragraphs? I know I still need to fix the rag on the text.
    Attached Files

I just wish the boxes in the paragraphs lined up with the boxes on the left where the quote is... but I bet that is close to impossible huh?

Comment

Maybe if I took out some of the blank boxes. I agree, it would be nice if they had more of an alignment to carry the similarity accross the T. Thank you for the feedback.

Comment

Good idea, good design and good comment about the alignments. Also look at the balance of the black. A bit heavy on the right side. Maybe play with the font and size you are using for the quote. Text runs a bit too close to the bottom. Think about the size and leading of this. That will also affect the left/right balance.

Alarm, alarm alarm! Type widow. ( I know you have not fixed things yet but my alarm went off anyway)
        "No cape darling"

Comment

i like it a lot ...

maybe the word "mark" should start from the first square on the left since all the other words start on the aquare on the left side. just a suggestion.

i know reading vertical is harder to read but maybe you can try to put the chinese proverb vertical and separate the words through value (grays). Maybe it is not necessary since that big "T" breaks the whole horizontals in the design. but again .. just a suggestion ...

i like it rebecca .. :D
          enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Fagan
            Alarm, alarm alarm! Type widow. ( I know you have not fixed things yet but my alarm went off anyway)
            lol
            enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

Nice. There are just two things I'd think about.

1. There is space around the around the blocks under the big T, but the blocks above it are on the edge. It might flow a little nicer if both had space, or neither had space.

2. Make the body copy type smaller, and increase the leading a little. It'd help keep the text from fall off the page, and smaller type [bringing more character per ling] is often easier to rag.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for the comments. I'm staying home for spring break so I have time to experiment with all these suggestions.

As far as the type widow-- Word has spell check and grammar check, please tell me that there is a type widow check in one of the program we are going to learn later!

Comment

Here are of couple of versions. Which one do think works better?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think I like the words how they were in the boxes.. (2nd one) but one of things I don't like is how the second paragraph slams to the left like that... being that they are all the same content I would think they should all read the same (IE be aligned)...

Comment

also the first 3 paragraphs' initial gray squares are align with their content below... and the last one is not..

maybe on that space below the Big T a little gray square can escape with he letter "k" to complete the word mark ... just an idea :D

theres a gap between 2nd and third paragraph on the right side...

i like the word typogr on the top . .is pretty neat .. and is kindo blended with the back is pretty cool ... i also like the big white T... i like how u implied the right side on the letter T through the alignment of the paragraphs :D

Comment

Thank you for the comments Keiphus and Molina. By attempting to line up the initial cap square with the squares that contain the quote, I have ended up with awkward spacing (in the left example they lined up with the staggered center row of squares, but copied and pasted a little off). I don't think it is worth it at this point, so I may remove the squares from the paragraphs.

Comment

I think I should just leave you all alone. You all are doing great with the designs and the comments.

Keiphus is right in that in most cases, if the type changes we tend to expect a content change but I think I could buy it in this case. I think it's up to you and what you think is the best design.

The only thing not mentioned above to consider is the apparent change of leading in the second paragraph of #2. That feels a bit akward to me - like a mistake. Other than that you all are addressing all the issues. Good job to all.
                          "No cape darling"

Comment

Working...
                          X