Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch Render "Dud"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Render "Dud"

A new wrinkle when working with Maya 7: The Batch render only renders half of one frame then says it's done.

I'll working on a few leads, like changing using uncompressed Tiff files or jpegs for textures. Meanwhile I have a run down from the script editor for anyone who might have any useful information.

If I come upon a solution in the next couple of days, I will post it.

The attached is the script editor rundown.
    Saving the Universe one minute at a time...

Did you try rendering to an .iff?

Comment

I tried it. It works and requires a couple of button taps in After Effects to ignore the aplpha channel... Even if one is not specifically rendered for. But it is still disconcerting not being able to render directly to tiffs. At least I can save frames as such.

Back to the grindstone.

Comment

had this problem...fixed after turning off maya to mental ray plugin
        "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
        - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
        - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Comment

cool
          JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Wow. That's crazy.

Comment

Had the same problem, maya would do 1 or 2 frames tif format, then say it was done. Rendering out iffs worked fine.
              What's really crazy is that I did the exact opposite action, turned on maya to mental ray plugin under plugin manager and then things started working fine again. Maybe it has something to do with render settings when loading up plugins that gets triggered when one is turned on or off, beats me and it works fine now.

Comment

be sure to optimize your scene always before you render, it gets rid of useless render nodes and what nots.
                It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                -Tyler Durdan

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. For some reason when I try to run my render.bat file with maya 7 the window opens, displays the coments and everything, but freezes up as soon as it gets to the actual renering, heck, it doesn't even get to the first frame. I've tried to render it as a .iff but the same thing happens.

When ya'll are talking about turning on and off the mental ray, are you talking about doing it in the render settings, or is there another way to do that? Any help would be great, I'd really rather not render these out one at a time, what with the 30 to 40 sec per frame i'm getting, and the intense love of sleep I have.
                  If ignorance is bliss why arn't there more happy people?

Comment

Look under window > settings/preferences > plugin manager. scroll down and on the left side you'll see plugins. see if they're checked or not, just toggle it on or off, the opposite of what its at right now.

its not rendering a single frame huh? I didn't have that problem, yours sounds a bit different. the problems we've been listing have been that maya would at least render out 1 or 2 frames.

maybe try what will said and optimize the scene before rendering.

Comment

Hmm, I just tried ya'lls fix, and it doesn't look like its helping any. As for optimizing i've gone through and gotten rid of just about every thing I can and it doesn't help any.

Comment

have you tried resetting all the tools in preferences, then setting your render stats to what you want, then render?...it's a long shot
                        JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Yea tried it, didn't help. :/ Oh well, i'll try reinstalling sometime tomarrow as I've got some of it rendered already and should be able to get the rest of it rendered out without losing to much sleep.

Comment

cool
                            JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

I'm suffering with the workaround or going to AE and making the movies from there. You can also render the .iff sequence as a .tif sequence.

Also the mental ray plug-in was, as a default, was not loaded and loading it up and the restarting maya did not fix the problem for me.

Like I said I have a work around so it's not a serious problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X