Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot find sound file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find sound file.

For some reason when I try to load the runmylife file it gives me a error "cannot find file". The file is saved as aiff and is in the sound file in the folder. I can run the file just fine in media player, and I can load the last assignments file just fine. I have tried loading the last file then changing the path to the new file, but get the same error. I've even deleted the old file in one of my past saves and still nothing. If anyone has any ideas, i'd appricate it.

*edit*
    Oh yea, i've also tried to redownload the file both from here on the forums and on the daily wav and have converted it to aiff in both windows media player and the windows sound recorder and get the same error.
    If ignorance is bliss why arn't there more happy people?

Have you set the project? Is your sound located in your sound folder within the project?

Comment

Yea, the project is set and the file is in the right place. I've even tryed moving it all off of my pin drive and reseting the project from its new spot and it gives me the same error.

Comment

did you import the sound file? or just drag and drop it in?
        JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

did you try right clicking on the timeline and going to the sound tab to see if your sound was turned off?
          JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

I've tried both ways, and when I just import it, I don't get any errors but the file isn't loaded just the same. As for the sound being off, it fails to load it so the sound tab is greyed out saying there is no sound available so it can't be off or on since its not there. :/

Comment

did you check your preferences?
              JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Well I just put my mic up to my speakers and recorded the sound file that way and for some reason its letting me load that.. Its not the best solution, and I have no idea why this can load and the other can't, I'm assuming it was a problem with the conversion using media player and such.

*edit*
                Which prefrences?

Comment

your general preferences, in the sound tab, don't know....oh, reset your preferences, maybe that'll work!...all of them
                  JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Well I just tried, it still does the same thing. Since I can load the last projects file, and this new one I just made, its probably just a problem with the conversion. Oh well, this will work well enough.

Comment

Which version of Maya are you using?

Comment

Maya 7

Comment

sorry dude
                          JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Working...
                          X