Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type Project 4 Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type Project 4 Suggestions

Hey guys need suggestions on what I should be fixing or what I should be looking at. I cant look at these things anymore!

Prof Fagan: I'm sorry I didn't post them earlier...I got carried away doing research and getting ideas.

Thanks in advance.
    "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
    "Car Alarm"
    Retaliation

I like the last one.... depending on the application I might frame the outsides of the T's or make them a shade darker....

I might have read the syllabus wrong, but I think todays crits are all supposed to be grayscale..?

Comment

you arre right agains mr keiphus .. .is grayscale
      enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

i like the last one ...
        check the text on this one because on the right side it almost touches the edge ... leave a little space between the border and the text like u did on the left side :D

make sure the biggest letter is at least 6 in ... i think thats what the handout says
        enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

It's cause I read books... I just need to get better at reading handouts.

Comment

:ouch: cripes! i remember her saying we could use one color but maybe that was for part 2. here are the dull grayscale versions
            "...it's simple because I love Justice and I love files and when the two come together I could blow a justicy load! I could blow a justicy filey load..."

--Dane Cook
            "Car Alarm"
            Retaliation

Comment

Speaking only of the grayscales....The last one is appealing to people because it has alot of "stuff" (technical term) going on. One of the problems I have with it though is that it may have too much variety, and not enough unity. That heavy black border splits the whole thing in half, and although the big T's on the sides help to tie the thing together, it might just not be enough. It appears to have 3 sections. The top with the proverb, the middle with the word Typography in black, and the poor text all alone at the bottom. I do agree that the text seems to have been just slipped in there, but I'm sure that you'll fix the problems with the rag getting to close to the edges and overall shape of the blocks. The www part almost gets lost, and the 2 words "Chinese proverb" seem to be placed counter to the proverb, but still seem hanging in no where.

One thing I didn't see much of, was playing with the "Words are but air" portion of the proverb. I think only in the first example poster did you use a differnt font for it, but it was pretty thick, compared with the idea of that phrase. I think some interesting looks can come from playing with the fonts of the 2 sections of that proverb.

Only other thing that is just an opinion is, that the fonts you chose versus the shapes that you chose for each poster can help to bring unity, if you use shapes that resemble the font styles. I know these are works in progress, and I haven't read your syllabus, so forgive me if I said something that you couldn't have changed. Some interesting things going on for sure, and in poster number 2, that giant P letter and layout is interesting to me. The layout could be played with more, but I think you spent more time on your number 5 rendition. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Speaking only of the grayscales....The last one is appealing to people because it has alot of "stuff" (technical term) going on. One of the problems I have with it though is that it may have too much variety, and not enough unity. That heavy black border splits the whole thing in half, and although the big T's on the sides help to tie the thing together, it might just not be enough. It appears to have 3 sections. The top with the proverb, the middle with the word Typography in black, and the poor text all alone at the bottom. I do agree that the text seems to have been just slipped in there, but I'm sure that you'll fix the problems with the rag getting to close to the edges and overall shape of the blocks. The www part almost gets lost, and the 2 words "Chinese proverb" seem to be placed counter to the proverb, but still seem hanging in no where.
                wow i havent gotten feedback like that unless it was from Fagan. Thanks much. I agree with some things you have said and others I dont. But I will definitely take a look at that thing again.

Some interesting things going on for sure, and in poster number 2, that giant P letter and layout is interesting to me. The layout could be played with more, but I think you spent more time on your number 5 rendition. Keep up the good work.
                I feel the same I really like posters 2,4, & 5. Lol honest truth is that I spent an equal amount of time on them all. I think that 5 had the best layout..ideas from design books.

Thank you so much! your feedback was greatly appreciated and Id still love to hear from some of you. And Fagan too!

--Dane Cook
                "Car Alarm"
                Retaliation

Comment

after prof fagans crit in class i think now that ur best ones are 2 and 4

and the one to refine ... number 2 ...
                  she mentioned this in class:
                  -similarity
                  -UNITY being the most important... (Composition)
                  -continuity
                  -hierarchy

just keep these in mind ..

and in number two .. i think the proverb and the word "chinese proverbs" need to be a little bit closer to each other .. show some proximity...

janzer those were good observations .. :D
                  i hope that helps .. :D thats practically what we went over in class ...

Comment

Lots of good starts but problems with unity and hierarchy overall. Also some very good observations from Jiles and Roger. (Thanks for the comments). They tend to have interesting pieces but not to be quite so concerned with the overall relationships or to take full advantage of the smaller elements to build in unity.

Maybe #2?

Repeat softly after me:
                    hierarchy, alignments, negative space, oh my! hierarchy, alignments, negative space, oh my! hierarchy, alignments, negative space, oh my! …
                    "No cape darling"

Comment

Working...
                    X