Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Revisions on Movie Company logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Revisions on Movie Company logo

Hello everyone I'm back again, so tell me what you think... is it better, worst, almost there, mmm whatever? ;)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fenix01.gif
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	311932 Click image for larger version

Name:	fenix02.gif
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	311933

Name:	fenix03.gif
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	311934 Click image for larger version

Name:	fenix04.gif
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	311935

Name:	fenix05.gif
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	311936

tough one, personally the bottom left does it for me
    JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

i like the last one ... but maybe the top line a little thicker
      enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

None of them.
        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Professor Clayton None of them.
          wow, really... so you like the other logos the best. Ok, can you tell me why they don't work as well as the others. Personally I though that maybe the problem wasn't much on the font choice but the placement of the fenix and sutdio and I though that changing them would make it more unify.

Comment

This link is from the other APP crit thread.

I like the logo and the system that you've got there.

One suggestion that was mentioned to me was to make the 'e' in Fenix smaller (like half height) to add some contrast... and clean up some of the dirt on the letter forms.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

One more time

Ok, this is my last try for the day since I have to work on all my other stuff, but so far this is what I like. So, what do you think?

Name:	final_final_final.gif
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	173019

Name:	final_final_final_2.gif
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	173020

Comment

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. And nope.

I like the concept of #2 and #4, but it reads as "Fen X Studios".

You'd have to reverse the 'studios' text to make it work... something like this:

Name:	susana1.gif
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	173022

But at a very small size, you'd lose the 'studios' part.

Comment

Professor Clayton
                  Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. And nope.
                  I like the concept of #2 and #4, but it reads as "Fen X Studios".
                  You'd have to reverse the 'studios' text to make it work... something like this:

But at a very small size, you'd lose the 'studios' part.

Ok, so basically I should go back to the one I turned in and just add the texture to the font?

I see your point that on versions #2, and #5 the studios will get lost as the logo gets samller, but what about the others, are they just plain bad.

***Weird, I have been working on my logo almost all weekend and it seem hard to believe that I haven't imporve it at all after all the revisions I done, usually when I do more they get better.***

Comment

OH MY GOD IT LOOKS LIke a birdy!!!

I'm sorry I just now noticed that, cause you know it looked like a crashing tsunami wave at first.. WOA wait its a PHEONIX.. OOH THATS why its called.. .hrm..
                    ok alright I know... I know...
                    Attached Files
                    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                    -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Originally posted by Suxa
                      Ok, so basically I should go back to the one I turned in and just add the texture to the font?
                      The one that I refered to earlier had a little too much texture that made it a little hard to read. Txturing the text slightly would help unify it.

I see your point that on versions #2, and #5 the studios will get lost as the logo gets samller, but what about the others, are they just plain bad.
                      To put it bluntly, yeah. The text is fine. The font is fine. There just needs to be a little more contrast and that might be best served thorugh making the 'e' smaller or making the word 'studios' appear vertical and and replacing the 'i'.

***Weird, I have been working on my logo almost all weekend and it seem hard to believe that I haven't imporve it at all after all the revisions I done, usually when I do more they get better.***
                      Happens to the best of us.

Comment

Working...
                      X