Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Logo for Typ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Logo for Typ

Here are the final revisions, if anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot! :)
    Last edited by susan; March 21, 2006, 23:32.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook. -William James

I worked on the kerning and the position of the 'am' as Professor Fagan suggested. So, the above designs are edited from the crit on Wednesday. There are lots of options and I'm just needing a new pair of eyes to see them. Thanks.

Comment

Wow... I never thought of this idea... I'm wondering what the AM adds... and if it can ride without it? Cool idea.

Comment

when I really look at it I can see the word time, but right off the bat it reads T Lime or T1 ME, in my amateur opinion, I don't know what Prof. Fagan thinks.
        JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

She liked the type font I chose but maybe I should stay with the no fill in the colon to steer away from it looking like an "i"? The original chosen font is on the lower right hand corner.

I've added my 'Exaggerate' also.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions Keiphus and SublimeOne. Let me work more on them and I'll repost.

Comment

i like the one on the top right ... its boldness on the right balances the importance of the left side which is the word .. and in the big black space on the right the thing that pops to my eye is am ... i like it susan ..
              enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

Thanks Roger!! Here are some without the 'am'. I don't like them as much. I think i'll keep the 'am'. ??????

Comment

on that last one ... i dont think eXXXXaggerate will work haha .. if someone doesnt know how to read english .. im pretty sure they'll go for the XXX instead of exaggerate :D ...

another thing .. prof fagan mentioned in our crit group .. that words are really hard to read when they are directly from corner to corner ... so that might take some of ur options away and gives you less to choose from :D ... goin to sleep .. :D
                  enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

Thanks Roger, your right about that and it does help. Thanks so much!! Going to sleep too :)

Comment

Tripple XXX...(movie...ratings...)your crazy :lol:

Comment

Susan, I like it. I agree with Roger, the one on the top right with the gray am without the box works the best. Is the second character the letter i or the number 1?

Comment

It's the number 1. Does it look like an i?

Comment

Susan, File > Save For Web... is your friend. Posting JPGs or GIFs of the images is more convenient than have to download and opening the PDFs.

Just a suggestion. :D
                            ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I agree about the no-pdf thing.
                              I think you've got some stronger ideas with "exaggerate"
                              the one where the letters get bigger and rotate at different angles is good, although that idea might pair better with aggrivate...

What is the purpose of the grey boxes though?

for the one I'm talking about above, I would take out the grey boxes, and put more kerning between the letters toward the end, like another growing effect.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

Working...
                              X