Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typography word alterations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typography word alterations

I am testing my word alteration part 1 to see of the meaning of the word is being reflecting by the way the type is arranged on the page. I used random letters to test my design. Please try to guess the word. If you are in Typography it is probably easier because there were only a few word choices. I would really like to see if someone not familiar with the word list can guess it.

Thank you!

exchange?
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Yes, it is exchange. Any suggestions on making it read more clearly.

Comment

I was thinking that is was the word that says the same spelled forward as backward

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

me too
          JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Palindromes...

I looked at the picture before I read what you put.. and I'm sitting here like... what the heck is that.. I don't remember seeing that word. :p

Comment

same thing happened to me .. hahha i made a comment and erased it because of that ..:D
              enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

the way you'ce got it puts emphasis more on "change" and I'm just not feeling "exchange" from it. Great idea though.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

maybe if you put the word change first, read normally, then the same word backwards on the other side(to the right) it would read better....?
                  JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

well .. is just an idea ... :D
                    enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions, I am going to try that. It makes sense that the most legible version of exchange should be the first one that is read, then the mirrored version can give a clue that the word are changing direction, then I can trade a letter from the normal and mirrored words. I'll repost when I am done.

Comment

Okay, I am thinkng center left or bottom right. Any suggestions?

Comment

middle left looks nice :D

Comment

Working...
                          X