Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships

Here is a scholarship that many of our students might be interested in. It is a national scholarship and you will need a portfolio among other things.

"Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships allow young people from minority and economically disadvantaged backgrounds not only to realize their artistic dreams, but also to give back to their communities. The scholarship program is now accepting applications. The deadline is April 14, 2006."

You must be here for all of next academic year to apply. All the information, rules and application forms are available here:

"No cape darling"

I read some of the Eligibility requirments and I must say (coming from a disadvantaged background myself) the fact that they would put

"Though not a requirement, minority status is a significant factor considered in jury decisions." is quite offensive. I can understand and commend wanting to help someone who comes from a disadvantaged background, but no one chooses their ethnicity. Oh wait I am a caucasian in south Texas I am a Minority.

ok ok that may have sounded a bit out of line but the statement made by the AIGA would surely discourage someone like myself from applying.

I dont want to start a heated debate about the subject of minority status but I would like to hear other opinions about this from you all.
    Last edited by texas72shovelhead; February 4, 2006, 17:25.

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Comment

So considering

A better statement may have read along the lines "Minorities are encouraged to apply" as that may convince more individuals of all ethnicity to apply.

Comment

As far as this scholarship goes, I'd rather earn it through my work... Not my work and latin roots. :ouch:

By the way, I've never received any scholarship based on my ethnicity.

Comment

I love blatantly racist comments made by those who think they are being compassionate and progressive. So much for the whole "..by the content of their character" thing. I got alot of dirty looks and scolding when I brought this subject up at the "beyond racism ralley" in the cafeteria last year.

Apparently I'm not Latin enough to qualify as a minority, nevermind the fact that my people started the language and my last name is 100% Latin. I guess Ill have to settle for one of those normal Grammys (I wonder if Latins should be allowed to win those). Oh well perhaps I should sign up as a native American since I was born here.

Comment

Huh? :confused:

Comment

Working...
            X