Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Censoring words on the forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censoring words on the forums

heyy, how come i cant write the word i used in my quote earlier ?

it was only G_O-D ...

Originally posted by CustomEmotions
    heyy, how come i cant write the word i used in my quote earlier ?

it was only G_O-D ...
    I have it ear-marked as a censored word... to keep it from being abused.

The Santikos idea is great.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

*** is censored at a Catholic school? That seems a bit odd. What happens when we want to talk about *** in our work or *** in our lives or a model of *** for 3D class? What about when we do a website for a church?

Just wondering....

Besides, its awfully easy to get around censors....
      G-0_D
      G_O_D
      G O D
      G0D
      G _0_d

A bunch of *** just seems to draw attention to itself.

And then of course, maybe this is best talked about on the Porch Forum. :-)

Anyway...that's just my $.02

Comment

"So let it be written, so let it be undone!"

God can be in the details... ;)

The vBulletin board has an option to automatically censor words that may be typed in these discussions. I automatically entered all the words that could be construed as offensive... well, basically the seven words my mama taught me not to say...

I did that in the event that we have some visitors that read this as a general impression of the school won't be offended.

You've made a good case, therefore I apologize.

I'll split this thread and stick it in the Feedback area.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Cool. I think making sure the forums stay clean and civil is a good idea....hopefully everyone here can make sure and keep it that way.

Cheers.

Comment

Keep it clean?

define clean?

Comment

Re: Keep it clean?

Originally posted by BigPoppaPump
              define clean?
              So that if the President or Vice Presidents or Deans read this board they wouldn't be offended, or fire Adam or me. ;)

Comment

Re: Keep it clean?

Originally posted by BigPoppaPump
                define clean?
                So that if the President or Vice Presidents or Deans read this board they wouldn't be offended, or fire Adam or me. ;)

Comment

Working...
                X