Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matador 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matador 2.0

thought i'd just post this, I wasted too many hours trying to figure out how to map using pelting, I just went back to doing it the old way. I'll figure out the pelting later.

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

Aww. I thought you were talking about the program for a second there... Looks good though.. I'm no anatomy expert but it looks to be pretty much the same as your drawings, and looks really good too. Were you gonna do the shoulder things?

Comment

Lookin good so far man, guess those style sheets really do speed up the process
      JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

good stuff, now just make him do that Tex Avery strut again...
        is there going to be that split in the front for his jacket? or is that going to be only material?
        I've found that the stuff Adam tells us to do is usually for a reason...

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

I find unless your doing advanced cloth sim or somthing, texturing does hundreds more than modeling when it comes to cloth, even seams (cloth seams not UV seams). a normal map can do wonders as well.

Comment

THanks for the crits guys, yeah I will be adding the shoulder pads thingys, and the jacket vest seam will be textured becuase, I've ran into that problems putting geometric detail in the front with the old model, which when came time to paint weights, it looked great as a model but when I animated it the geometry would be all stretched or clup up which inturn messed up the texture when I twisted and turned it.

so yeah I'm basically doing what Thomas mentioned. its best to fake it, does a whole lot of wonders to the mesh.
            -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Ohhh Billly (Jim Carrey-Cable Guy)...hehe, I'm sure you're already aware of this but I think there needs to be more geometry around the eye and ear and check out underneath his nose, love the style by the way man
              JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Hey Will,

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been here. I like your model. Kinda reminds me of my character sheets. So what are you using this model for? Any plans of an animated short with this or are you using this just to refine your modeling skills/animation skills?
                www.richardterryclark.com

Comment

I like your model. Kinda reminds me of my character sheets. So what are you using this model for? Any plans of an animated short with this or are you using this just to refine your modeling skills/animation skills?
                  Hey Richard! wow Long time, the MASTER has come to crit my work! yeah that Matessi Force site and book really helped me be more confident in the directional and applied lines I use. Guess you can see I took your advice haha, never forgot when you told me to make my characters simple. Thus I got out of that comic book phaze, did quite a bit of research understanding the principles of character design, building a collection of resources as I found things that were appealing and tried to understand exactly why. Dont wanna say too much hehe, but yeah I took your advice pretty darn seriously.

yeah this is for Senior Portfolio- toooootally reworking the matador I made for 3d 4, which hopper prolly showed you before. and will be reworking some animations as well. for right now he's an animation dummy. Who knows what I'll do with him later on. Good to hear for you again, and thanks for the Crits over the winter break.
                  -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Originally posted by Will
                    the MASTER has come to crit my work!
                    You give me too much credit. Your becoming a great artist yourself. It all depends on what direction you want to take. I personally like my characters more simple because they lead to more expressiveness and they lend themselves to push the emotion to extremes. To me, that's what animation is all about: to exaggerate!

Keep it up, though. I can see your very dedicated. Your going to have a great demo reel to show off!

Take care
                    www.richardterryclark.com

Comment

Richard! Congrats ont he Ten Second CLub man! ANd thanks fo rall the advice

so heres more updates on the Matador now textured

Sorry got a bit behind, still working on the Cart caricatures.
                      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Will, that looks awesome man! Not that it really bothers me but is he going out on a date cause I don't think pink fingernails are really his color. Can we see a close up of the face? :banana:
                        JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Could you also post a Wireframe on Shaded screenshot. It could be helpful for folks to see how you constructed your topology.

Comment

Wow awsome, I like the red fabrics texture.
                            Last edited by Spooty; February 7, 2006, 08:10.
                            At first, writing for The New Yorker was very scary to me. I couldn't imagine anything that I would write in that typeface. ~David Sedaris

Comment

Originally posted by SublimeOne
                              is he going out on a date cause I don't think pink fingernails are really his color.

He's a metrosexual matador.

yeah I'll prolly need to talk to you tomorrow Prof Watkins, has to do with this camera I'm animating, I'll do more test renders tonight, after I finish texturing my Fay Chi.

-Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
                              X