Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

copyrights for my company name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copyrights for my company name

I want to have a cool name for my website that will one day showcase my portfolio to clients and colleges alike. I have a very cool one in mind but what is to keep someone from saying "ooo that looks nice....I think I'll take that." Do I have to fill out a form for a patent office and put an ugly c next to my company name and logo every time its used? And what CAN I do to people who steal it...Imprison them? Kidnap (catnap, thats funny) thier cat? Or just slash their tires?

P.S. The little c in copyright might not be so bad...its like a badge for courage....or maybe coolness...

You mean this guy: ©

By the way, if you decide to own a business and get it registered, it would be a good idea to see a copyright lawyer and get the process going. There are folks on the web who will take care of it for you for about $100 (at least to get the paperwork started).

For info on who actually owns your domain anme once registered, check this link:

FYI, I own my domain names.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Whats next?

I have bought the rights to dynamite graphics 51 domain name, and I am registered in the great state of Texas as dynamite graphics - without the 51. still i haven't really bothered looking into copyrighting the name - what is the worst cast scenerio!

will I have to go and re register dynamite graphics 51.

will I get sued for using dynamite graphics 51 and not dynamite graphics.

I don't know but these are really good answer to some really good inquires...

Thinking outloud!

Comment

That's a really cool service that Gary does for us when we register our domain names through him. When you got through someone like NetSol, they hold it and then pester you about it. Sure its safe, but its in their hands.
        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
        X