Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type fonts

In response to a good question (http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4804 )

I've listed just a few sources about type that you may want to visit:

Planet Typography. Good information including a bit of history and (go figure) a short history of typography as a downloadable MP3 rap. A bit more useful are lots of links and some freeware type fonts. Be sure to read the legal issues stuff.
    No one is obliged to share this elitist conception of typography. Gianbattista Bodoni (1740-1813), the most famous printer of his time, king of printers and printer of kings, admired by the European princes for the solemnity of his books and by his alter ego for the elegance of his typefaces, is a keyman in the historical renewal of the beautiful typography.

The Font Pool. Loads of fonts- some good some really bad.

My Fonts – lots of inexpensive fonts. Again, many are just weird but they also carry the major fonts from the major foundries. There are links to more type foundries than you will really want.
    Welcome to MyFonts, the #1 place to download great @font-face webfonts and desktop fonts: classics (Baskerville, Futura, Garamond) alongside hot new fonts (T...

Adobe Type fonts. Available from lots of sources. They have some good collections of fonts and in some cases you can install them on both your desktop and laptop. Here are 2 good collections that include some classic fonts.

Last edited by Professor Fagan; January 27, 2006, 08:48.
    "No cape darling"

A typography rap! oh, thats so awsome.
    At first, writing for The New Yorker was very scary to me. I couldn't imagine anything that I would write in that typeface. ~David Sedaris

Comment

Working...
    X