Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keiphus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keiphus

Hey man hows it going? My name is James and I wanted to ask you if you could give me any advice on getting an internship at Geomedia. Thanks for any help

Man I have no idea... lol.

Obviously bring a copy of your work... I'd say don't be too uptight... You will probably first meet Murray... he's very "animated" I guess is how I would describe him so don't be afraid to crack a joke or something... I don't know for sure, but if I was an employer I'd enjoy the idea of hiring someone who not only is talented, but also is fun to work with, etc... Everyone here jokes around with each other and that's just how that goes. I don't know... It's just pretty laid back and so long as you show you have talent and a good work ethic I'd say you have a chance. The only thing though, is that I don't know if they are particularly looking for an intern right now... they might be though. Definitely worth a shot, 614-5900 btw. I'm don't really know much more than the next guy, but I really think people are looking to hire people who can learn fast, and work without having to be told what to do every few minutes.. At least that's the impression I get alot.. I don't know man that's a hard question, I'm really not the person to ask aobut that... lol.

If you do end up here though, you'll definitely enjoy it. good luck :)

Comment

Cool thanks for the info. I called over there yesterday and they seemed really busy. I asked if I could stop by and show my demo reel but they said things are pretty busy. He told me to e-mail Murray and that they would contact me. I've allready emailed Murray and attached a resume. Now all I can do is wait for someone to call or should I check back with Murray or just stop by one day to see if they are free for a few minutes?

Comment

I wouldn't stop by.... but if it were me, and I had submitted a demo reel several days ago to somewhere, I'd definitely call back and ask if they checked it out, and what they thought, etc... Never hurts to be persistent.

But yeah, we are kinda busy right now. Who did you speak with?

Comment

Would you mind sending me your demo?

jeremy@geomedia.com

Comment

I don't remember who it was that answered the phone. My demo reel is a pretty big its about 321mb. If you are at school I could show it to you. I'm ususally in jb-108 on Tuedays and Thursday

Comment

Working...
            X