Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job Opportunities in Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Opportunities in Austin

Austin currently has a lot of job opportunities for creative designers. 3d, print, web. Good time to start making contacts.

http://austin.craigslist.org/med/

D
    "

Thanks for the heads up Dustin....how's Austin treating you?

Comment

Things are good here in Austin. The city and design community are treating me well. It’s a totally different mentality than San Antonio and I'd recommend it to anyone.

For people about to graduate or that even have a year out, I can’t stress enough, the importance of making contacts. When I first moved up here I didn’t have a job. I had first months rent a girlfriend and two dogs. I freelanced at a studio named Shiny Object working with GSD&M for a week. Took a job doing motion graphics at a TV station. From the Shiny Object deal I was referred to a freelance job working with Matchframe here in Austin. There I met a freelancer who referred me to the Job I have now and he and I do work on the side.

It’s a crazy cycle and a good one to get into. So get your work out there. Even if it’s just one good project. Give the studios a call. Let them know you’re interested in their company and how you like their style. Tell them who you are, what you do, and what you want to do. If you do all that and you have the talent and drive to back it up you should have no problem finding work.

Anyway I thought I'd throw some advice out there. Got to do some work.

D
      "

Comment

Working...
      X