Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ticket for parking? NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticket for parking? NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Jeez, no friggin breaks. Does anyone have any experience with the UIW police? I got a ticket for not having the decal. Is there anyone who would know if I would have a chance if I submitted an appeal...perhaps what I should write? The only thing I have is that I went for the decal about a week before school started (and I didn't have my registration) and the lady in the business office told me they wouldn't start ticketing until mid-september...september 8th is so not the middle of september. Well whats worse is my mom had just given me the registration that morning and I couldn't get it taken care of because of classes. Well more sob to my story, but my first class is at 7:30 so theres no way I can get it taken care of in the morning. Where can I park for about an hour so they don't ticket me again? I feel so stupid because the $60 dollars for the decal was already covered by financial aid.

P.S. So what if little Billy's mom wants to come down to San Antonio for a day to see how he's doing at the UIW dorms? Where's she supposed to park?

parking is pretty bad at uiw. I usually park over by the running track, but theres still a chance of getting nothing. I think you should have a pretty good chance for the appeal letter. Just tell it to them straight and explain your situation. I got a ticket once for just parking in a regualr spot. A 40 dollar ticket and later found out they made a mistake. Its sometimes students that do tickets too, which is pretty sad. I saw a student last semester that was in the work study program for the uiw police and gave a guy a ticket for reasons I really have no idea why. The car was parked fine and the decal was there, the registration sticker was fine. Dont know.

Comment

This happened to me 3 times (blame it on chronic lazyness) but when I finnaly got my decal the tickets magically disappeared, I dont know if they still do this though

Comment

I know there is one guy there who is ticket happy. He loves to give tickets even if you park in a valid spot. He's a work study. He will go crazy if you are just stopping to drop someone off and you park in an illegal spot. I don't know if he is still there.

Comment

lets find him. REVENGE!!!!

Comment

Yo Jcal

if you dont mind walking you can park at the Admissions building accross the street, or right next to it, Bill Millers. I've done that before, no one complained. Or even Central Market, its right next to the church- you could park right by the fence.
            It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
            -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
            X