Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Galaxies!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Galaxies!!!!!

I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm a fan of Star Wars, but I camped outside on June 6 and punched a 12-year-old in the face to get my reserved copy first...yes I said camped for my RESERVED copy...But if you were there for that first day fiasco, servers crashing left and right, boards overflowing with complaints, 2-hour wait times for patches that would be canceled 4 minutes before completion, you would know the pain. I was looking for the 12-year-old again by that time. But even after that whole mess, can you put it down now? It rocketed to the 2nd most popular online game in a month with a quarter million subscriptions, not including the people who played for one month free. I'm officially hooked; who cares if it takes years to unlock the force-sensitive slot? Whachya'll think?

X-Play (a show on TechTV) slammed this game hard... not having vehicles, no jedi, and a few other funny bugs (folks with rifles always get killed by the little creatures in the desert that attack their feet), were some of their qualms with game.

That and the host said it to 15+ hours to run across the desert from one town to another.

The only thing that they said was redeeming were the Wookie entertainers.

Wookies doing the Macarena!!!!!! :lol:

I know that they are going to patch the game to include vehicles and a space travel and such, but I wouldn't buy a half finished game passed off as a completed game.

Plus the fee is extraoridiarily high for anyone like me to even attempt to begin to pay... $120 a year! :down:

Oh well...
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Eve is quit nice actually, I played it recently but had to quit due to bandwidth problems with the school (grrrr). But that game has alot going for it with some minor bugs, a good MMOG IMO.

Comment

I'm still waiting for my copy of Halo for PC. When that game comes out I think its going to boot SW:G off the charts. No offense, but A LOT of us FPSers have been waiting for this moment for a very long time. Compared to the Xbox version, there will be bigger maps, more weapons to use, more vehicles to control, and the best part (the obvious)....FREE MULTIPLAYER gaming. Yeah just like Counter Strike only better. This game will live online forever just like CS, UT, DF, and Quake.

Primarily designed for Mac, they converted it to PC which really didnt take it far away from its authentic original form. I've been playing this game on the Xbox for like a year now, and I'm freaking crazed about this game coming to PC; as well as the sequel thats coming this winter.. but for Xbox..

I'm not really fond of those online rpg games, unless you can get something back from all those years you've been playin. See at least with EQ, if you played for 10 yearss building up your character to be some uber dude, you can actually sell him online for about 500 to 1000 bucks, I've actually seen these psychos post these prices up, but when you see the status of the character you'll soon realize that it MUST have taken them for ever to get up there. See like this next Final fantasy Online game coming out, looks cool, but doesnt really look worth paying for.... well thats my ideology, anygame that you have to pay to play online isnt worth paying for, the FPS games I've mention didnt need pay to play online in order to be the most successful games on the net. Anyways THe last great SW game I played was Jedi OutKast.. that game... rocked, I cant wait for Jedi Knight III to come out.. hehe plus I got my free lightsaber key chain. =D
        It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
        -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
        X