Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illustrator Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illustrator Question

What is the shortcut to change from the selection to the direct selection tool?

I you hover over the tool in the toolbox a pop up will tell you its name and the short cut (see the image below).

In this case its simply the "A" key on the keyboard. Then hit the "V" key to go back to the Selection Tool.
    Attached Files
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Another Illustrator Question

Thank you for answering so quickly, but I think I asked the question wrong. I can get the arrow to change from the black arrow to the white arrow, but even when I have the white arrow, I have to click a few times to get to be able to adjust the handles and the anchor points. While clicking, sometimes I move an object I did not mean to move. That is what I am trying to avoid.

Comment

It is very precise in nature... and you'll get it with practice. Be sure to select the anchor point (so that its white) before you adjust the handles.

If you have a problem with selecting objects in the background, simply select the object in question first and lock that sublayer.

Good luck.
        ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
        X