Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character: Man for Practicum (WIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character: Man for Practicum (WIP)

This is the guy I have to model for Practicum. Only one week to do it, and a pretty complex model for me, so this is a real challenge. Roger designed this guy, and I'm modeling it. This is what I have so far (not much of course). I will be updating this thread as soon as I get more of this guy modeled.

Update 9/11/03: This guy's pretty much done, since it's due today. So what about his proportions? Are his arms too short? Legs too long? I rounded the back of the head some (if you can tell).
    Last edited by hopper2k; September 11, 2003, 15:34.
    Pi Studios

Another view:
    Last edited by hopper2k; September 11, 2003, 15:35.
    Pi Studios

Comment

looking good so far man. Keep it up. One day this type of stuff might be the real thing and there will be green in your wallet and heavenly machines at your fingertips.

Comment

Looking good richard. This is going to be a good project for you; it'll add a whole new look to your demo reel.

Watch those seams....;-)

Comment

The seam problem will be fixed once the entire model is finished.
          Pi Studios

Comment

I like how in cinema, the seams are never really a problem.

Looking freakin good though. Cant wait to see it finished man.

Comment

Looking good. I know its still WIP, but a few areas to take careful note of....

- watch the corners of the mouth; remember that the lips actually come into a corner, even though they might have turned in towards each other

- watch for the brow bones; remember that the bone for the brow is usually one solid (though curvilinear) bone. there usually isn't a hard break between the eyebrows and nose

- usually (not always) the upper lid is further forward than the lower lid

It's making big leaps of progress though....I'll be excited to see it when its done.

Comment

What's a lid? Did you mean lip?
                Pi Studios

Comment

lid as in eye-lid

Comment

Oh ok.
                    Pi Studios

Comment

Side View:
                      Last edited by hopper2k; September 11, 2003, 15:36.
                      Pi Studios

Comment

Well, I can give you my $.02, but the real question revolves around the director....

1) Where does the ear line up when you are looking at the side sketch on the style sheet?

2) What does the director think about the placement?

for my $.02....

I think the ear is good in relation to the front of the face; I think the problem lies in inadequete cranium. He looks like he was laid on his back on bricks when he was a baby; so the back of his head is too flat and there isn't much place for his brain.

I think once he's got more mass in the back, the ear will look just right.

Comment

The director thought it was fine. But I did think the back of the head was a little flat. I'll go ahead and make it more rounder. Thanks.
                          Pi Studios

Comment

Originally posted by hopper2k
                            Does the placement of the ear look right? What about the whole head shape? I fixed the brow bone, eye lid, and lip problems. Do they still need more work? Thanks.
                            richard,

i like the model so far. i think that when looking at the side view, the back of the head looks chopped off. i think the ears are in the right position, if the back of the head came out more

Comment

Thanks. I rounded the head in the back a bit (if you can tell in the side view), and the model itself is pretty much finished.
                              Last edited by hopper2k; September 11, 2003, 15:55.
                              Pi Studios

Comment

Working...
                              X