Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese Animator's Salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Animator's Salaries

Luckily none of us want to work in Japan.....

Japanese Animators Paid Significantly Less than North Americans

Consider this. In Japan:
    26.8% earn less than 1 million yen (US$8,500 approx.) annually
    19.6% earn between 1 million yen and 2 million yen (US$17,000 approx.) annually
    18.6% earn between 2 million yen and 3 million yen (US$25,700 approx.) annually

Those are all ANNUAL figures. And if you've ever been in Japan, it's hard to imagine living for 6 months on $25k.

Wo xihuan chi Zhongguo fan he pijiu.

Comment

Yeah, the Japanese are basically paid peanuts for their work.

Hopefully they can improve this...
      "If you wanna see some action, gotta be the center of attraction."

Comment

I'm not trying to contradict what is being said, but where's the other 35% in that statistic? do a third of Japanese animators make more than 3 million yen?

I hate surveys and statistics, numbers like that are too easily manipulated

but like I said, I have no doubt that Japanese animators are under paid

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

Even if they did make more than 3 Million yen - that's more than $25k american. Even it were double that (which is unlikely) - that's still pretty lean living in Tokyo.

Comment

Originally posted by Janzer
            Wo xihuan chi Zhongguo fan he pijiu.
            Wo(3) ye(3) hen(3) syi(2)hwan(1) Jung(1)gwo(3) fan(4); dan(1)shr(4), wo(3) bu(4) he(3) pi(2) jyou(4).

Comment

Your romanization is definitely different, maybe the Wade-Giles instead of the 1958 Pin Yin that we are learning, But nice, and probably better, that you put the tones in there.

Comment

Working...
              X