Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

720x240?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 720x240?

For some reason my images reder out at 720 x 240 even though I have the image size set to 720 x 480. Anybody know why?

Have you changed the pixel aspect ratios or resolution settings?

Also are you using Render>Batch Render to render the sequential stills.

Comment

my settings

have a look

Comment

IM me and send me the file

Comment

OK....here's the deal.

In NTSC world images are interlaced (every other line is refreshed at a different rate - this helps our eye make sense out of the lousy 60hz that TVs refresh at). In Maya yoiu can render as Frames or as Interlaced (there is an Odd and Even interlacing).

James, your file was set to render just the even interlaced pass. To fix this:
          • * Open Render Settings
            * Click the Maya Software Tab
            * Open the Field Options Section
            * Change the Render setting to Frames

By default Maya renders as frames. But if the last person that used your machine or your erhm, software (*cough* buy your software *cough*), was preparing things for broadcast, they might have set things up with Interlacing passes in mind.

Change the Field Options and see if that renders right.

Comment

Oh, and delete your history every once in a while. Your scene had so many nodes assigned to all sorts of stuff that things were moving and rendering much, much slower than they needed to be.

Be sure not to delete the history on your character though....that'd separate the bones from the mesh and screw up your blendshapes.

Comment

it works!

Thanks Adam. Hopefully after I graduate I can make enough money to *cough* buymysoftware *cough*

Comment

no way; then it'll be too expensive - and besides whoever you work for should buy it for you then. Now it's cheap.

Comment

Working...
                X