Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cowboy breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cowboy breakfast

some possible title designs

they all look cool to me... the one i like the most is the one on the very top... :D
    enough I didnt come for a whisper. I came here to hear you SCREAM!" -the hulk jijiji

Comment

kerning

Beauty for ashes

Comment

kerning
        I know, that's gonna be the hardest part. These fonts are a nightmare with all the different serif weights and letter sizes. These are just concepts though, I'm waiting for clayton to tell me what direction he thinks I should go.

Comment

Can you use images? Letter forms are nice and all, but your subject matter has a pool of awesome possibilities that maybe you'd like to research into. COWBOY is no ordinary word; made in Texas~

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Can you use images?
            This was the criteria we had to follow "Development of a logotype or wordmark (title design). This should be primarily type based rather than a pictorial based symbol. This will be used on all subsequent pieces."

We are however required to come up with images for the Poster design. I have some concepts drawn up but they're weak. I still need like a million more sketches.

Comment

Hi Yvette... I'm here.

While primarily text based, you can put shapes and objects in the title design.

Go ahead and do a few more along those lines. The fonts you've chosen are standard, and may work just fine... just pop a little imagery in there. Have fun with it. Go crazy.
              ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Hi Yvette,

I like the directions that you are taking... they have a nice feel to them. In particular, I like the bottom logo that you are working on because I see a shape forming. If you take the 2006 and stars out. I see the top of the alamo. Maybe exploring that will take you somewhere? Also look at what this logo is telling people. What does it say about Breakfast? The type naturally looks cowboy and that works maybe a very subtile clue about the event or food would be nice.

Comment

I miss this crazy dude right here

And I'm excited to see more designs from you Yvette!

Beauty for ashes

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys. The juices are flowing. I'll try to post some more tonight.

Hey Deb,
                    Thanks for keeping an eye on us. I too saw something alamoish about the last one. Growing up in San Antonio, I've had my share of that image but I will explore it some more. You're right about the message, I need to convey breakfast in there as well cuz right now it's nowhere. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks again! =)

Comment

yvette,
                      you have a good start on these...there are some hierarchy issues in some of your attempts, as well as kerning issues. decide in what order you want things to be seen.

Comment

some more concepts

Comment

Sorry for the delay Yvette.

I have a meeting tomorrow at Noon that might go until 2 PM... would it be okay with you to meet Wednesday this week, and give y'all time to work on these in the interim?

Email me or post back.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

thanks for the feedback, I'll keep working on them.

wednesday at 1:30 should be o.k., let me know if that changes. I know my boss will love that I could stay here a few more hours today.

btw: I really like that font too. It's called Captain Howdy. It comes with white knockout shapes but I removed them on some of the comps for scaling purposes.
                            Last edited by Yvette; November 14, 2005, 08:51.

Comment

The top one is the one I like best... followed by the first one in the fifth row.

Any poster ideas yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X