Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy one...

This should be a relatively easy one. I tried levels & curves (& also contrast) and they dont seem to get the job done that im looking for. I have some hand drawn images that I hand colored with colored pencil. I scanned them in & I want the black to be a dark black but instead its like a dark gray. Any suggestions?? thanks (attached is one example jpg but orig is tiff CMYK.)

me again

is it because the darkest black (shading) is darker than the outline (which is what i want darkest)??

Comment

You can adjust only the black without affecting the other colors by using the eyedropper to sample the black. Then use SELECT>COLOR RANGE. This will bring up a dialog box that allows you to adjust the range of blacks to be selected. The higher the fuzzyness, the more black is selected. You may want to use feather or modify to clean up your selection and avoid harsh edges. Once you have the selection you want, you can use levels, curves or lightness/saturation to adjust the blacks. Sample attached.

If you are posting just a sample and size is not critical, it would help to reduce the size to around 800 pixels. Yours was kinda big.
      "No cape darling"

Comment

thank you

thats exactly what i was trying to adjust...thanks

Comment

Working...
        X