Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a leaking problem!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a leaking problem!?!?!?

Watkins, when I make a smooth proxy of my model with the texture already on, some of the color is going where I do not want it to go. This was just a first little look at the texture on her, I still want to make like a bump map to try and get like rippiles or creases in that tight leather of hers. I also just realized I forgot her eyebrows and lips, ha... butu yea, is there something I can do to where the color does not run off like that???

and also, how would you make some of it matte for like the skin, and then some of it shiny, for like the rest of her? Should it start out as a blinn or a lambert??

Comment

Originally posted by Pharoah
      and also, how would you make some of it matte for like the skin, and then some of it shiny, for like the rest of her? Should it start out as a blinn or a lambert??
      You'd start off with something that has specularity to it (Blinn, Phong or Phong E). Then, use your UV map to create a specular map. Paint things white that should be shiny, and black that should be matter.

Import this specular map into the Specular Color channel (in the Specular Shading section of the Attributes editor of the material).

Comment

Originally posted by Pharoah
        Watkins, when I make a smooth proxy of my model with the texture already on, some of the color is going where I do not want it to go. This was just a first little look at the texture on her, I still want to make like a bump map to try and get like rippiles or creases in that tight leather of hers. I also just realized I forgot her eyebrows and lips, ha... butu yea, is there something I can do to where the color does not run off like that???
        Make sure your history is clear. Assign the one material to the entire mesh (you can't use several materials assigned to collections of polygons). Then take special care to look at where your UVs sit in your UV Texture editor (for your lowpoly version). Make sure you don't have any stray UVs where you didn't plan them to be.

If that doesn't fix the problem.....

Select the high poly version (in Object mode), and then take a look at the UV Texture Editor. Look for those newly subdivided polygons/UVs and see if they are in the red area.

Comment

K, I understand what you r saying about the specular map, and as for the texturing... I do have them all on one map, I will look at the smoothed poly version, and go from there! Thanks!!! Because like on the low poly verion to the left you can see that there aren't and leaks, but then when smooths I do not know what it is doing. But I will play with it and get it right!!!

Comment

Working...
          X