Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating Segments of Circles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Segments of Circles

ok I just need to know how to create segment parts of circles. I'm doing it the cheap way right now with a no outline white filled square and placing it infront of part of a circle revealing the part of the circle I want and hiding the rest with the square.
    I know thats cheese. Nichole showed me how to do it with adding and deleting points but I forgot how. Any help would be much appreciated.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

HELP!
    -Tyler Durdan

Comment

You either need to use the Pathfinder Tool or the Knife Tool... but I can't quite understand what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to get a semi circle... place a rectangle over the circle and pop the Subract Area button in the Pathfinder, like in the image below.
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Well I know how to do it the pathfinder way, the top two examples on this picture show what I want to do with it and how I did it the cheapo way.

THe bottom picture shows how I did it with pathfinder, but the prob is, its got that right angle within the circle I dont want that right angle and I dont want a fill inside the circle , I just want to see that segment of the circle.
        -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Okay, use the Expand button (2) to make the areas of the subtraction into one path, the use the Direct Selection Tool to select the path you want to delete (3) and then delete it (4). Repeat it for every one of the 'segments' that you want to delete.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I hope this helps.

Or use the Scissors Tool to 'cut' the line and then use the Direct Selection Tool to select the segments and delete them and any stray points:

Comment

Thanks alot sir. Mucho Gusto. In class right now Watkins just showed us
              -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
              X