Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackie's Panda Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackie's Panda Bears

Panda #1
    I'm still working on him... I know his feet need work.

What do you think about him?

That's a really nice design for the Panda, his proportions are pretty good and I like the style. I yike it!! <3

Comment

Sketches. You shouldn't have started modeling without your sketches being approved. There are big problems with this panda.....the proportions are really problematic actually.

Panda heads are much, much bigger, the spinal column for the back and its connection to the head is different. The shape of this character is different than a real panda and even different than your sketches (that weren't approved).

Look at the shape and position of a panda's ears:

Look at the shape of a panda's snout/mouth:

Look at the shape of the eyes, and how close they tend to be:

Consider how long the bear's legs really are. Look at this an look at where the sitting panda's hips much be. Could your panda assume this pose:

Consider the width of the pandas shoulders compared to the width of his hips:

We could go on; but for now, its important that you get your sketches worked out. This is a potentially really a great project - let's not short change it by not working through the details that will make it good. Don't model until the sketches are approved.

Comment

I though my sketches were approved... Just that I needed to work it out more, for myself when I model.

I was trying to go more stylized than that first, generic panda sketch I brought to class on Tuesday. However, I do understand all your points, and I now see what I need to fix, thanks.

Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Reading back on my post; it came across as more severe than I intented it do...

However, the sketches do still needed some work and needed to be bigger.....I think a stylization is a good idea. However, make sure you stylize in sketches first. Ultimately it'll save you a lot of modeling time.

I check the forums often; so you wouldn't loose much time if you posted and waited for approval.

Comment

[Same] guy and [new] girl style sheets. I'm working on her profile...

Is this approved?

Comment

There's still some work that could be done on her (I mean at least get her feet even); and they feel a bit like you're rushing through them. But in the interest of time, you'd better start modeling.

Comment

Working...
              X