Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaster worm virus thing suspect arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blaster worm virus thing suspect arrested

In case anyone cares or hasn't heard, here's the story on the guy who "allegedly" created the worm. http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne...est/index.html
    Pi Studios

Ah cool. I wondered what the "alleged" worm creator would look like.

You know what is strange? The lack of viruses and worms created by women. Sure there is a plethora of smaller, less known viruses created by girls, but large scale viruses... Men, thus far.

Yes, I realize the computer industry is mainly controlled by men, but you would think out of so many there would be something by now.
    Last edited by Jacqueline; August 31, 2003, 21:37.

Comment

An 18-year-old high school student suspected of creating a version of the virulent "Blaster" Internet attack was described by a neighbor Friday as "a computer genius," but not a criminal.

Federal agents arrested Jeffrey Lee Parson of Hopkins, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis, on Friday morning on a charge of "intentionally causing or attempting to cause damage to a computer."

Parson, described as 6-feet-4-inches tall and 320 pounds, appeared before U.S. Magistrate Susan Nelson in St. Paul on Friday afternoon. She ordered him held under house arrest and forbade him from using his computer or the Internet. His next court hearing is scheduled for September 17 in Seattle, Washington, where the case was filed.

... The damaging, viruslike infection, known as "Blaster," LovSan" and "MSBlast," was unleashed on the Internet weeks ago. Some experts said it has infected more than 500,000 computers across the globe and has quickly become one of the most widespread computer worms this year.
      I had one machine that got it. No big deal, just loaded the patch and I was fine.
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

JEBUS! WTH does his parents feed him!!

What a freaking idiot! He didnt even created the freaking script, all he did was reconfigure the prompt probably giving it a more complex life span to weave in and out the back doors of our everyday pc systems. Or some crap like that.

described by a neighbor Friday as "a computer genius"
        ...ignorant people give way too much credit to the those who know the subjects they're absolute oblivious to.. I swear, there are so many comp illit peeps out there! I bet if Porky here was showing his neighbor how to use MS Paint, he'd still be considered as a "Computer Genious". *Knock .. KNock* Oh ooh OOh.. Parson.. Mr. Parson! can you help me please?! My computer.. duh.. der something wrong! A window Pop up saying "I've got Mail" WHAT DO I DO!!!
        It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
        -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Working...
        X