Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin's Squirrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin's Squirrel

here's my 1st character design for 3DIII

Last edited by Otaku_Zero; February 9, 2006, 17:10.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

looks like a good start... cant wait to see the modeled version.......

Comment

Stretch out those legs!

Don't let Prof. Watkins see those bent limbs or he will lay down the smack on you. Someone else had a similar set up in the bridge class and he went Loco esse' !
      That aside, it appears to be a straight forward build from the maya perspective and will no doubt be fun to make. I like that you showed the placement of the tail in the forward view.
      You may want to situate the shoulders a bit more to the right in the side view towrds the center of the torso. Looks like they are attched to his chest a bit.

Comment

How about more like this:

Ok...seriously, I think I really would take a closer look at his legs:

Most squirrels have some pretty big legs (related to kangaroos and stuff); and your legs there look a bit tiny.

Comment

my intention isn't to be super realistic, but I do see what you mean. Although I'm trying to keep the animals stylized

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

What? You mean your original drawing isn't realistic? Shoot I guess I misunderstood your concept ;-)

No seriously; cartoons and caricatures are still based on reality. If anything, you might want to look at making those legs abnormally large as they are really about half the size of a body. Right now he just looks anemic.

Also look really carefully at the curvature from the back to the neck to the top of the head. Squirrels have a really distinctive form that way.

Comment

Working...
            X