Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Concept Art" or " How to Whore Your Talent"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Concept Art" or " How to Whore Your Talent"

So what is the going rate for concept art anyway?
    No, I don't want the going rate for professional work. We're talking the poor college student market here. I mean...what is fair?
    Please, no elaborate explanations, thesis statements, treatise on the esthetic or long toothed eye of the beholder crap. We all know what's good and what blows.Just a price for about an hour's worth of sketch. Good Sketch. Assuming that the artist can do a fair job with in an hour. We're talking a pencil sketch and the buyer is left to "ink" and "color" it in. ya gots ta do some of the the work....and should the concept part come from the artist or the buyer?
    I say charge more if ya have to come up with the idea too. I mean, Come on.

Price and input are welcome.

Peace.

when i asked jason to draw mine, I gave him my concept and what i wanted in the design. So i agree the the buyer needs to know what they want. as for how much idk.

Comment

In the past, most of the rough sketches (that's as in the line sketch - no color, etc...) have gone for between $20-$30.

As always it becomes an issue of supply and demand. you could charge $50/sketch and if people are willing to pay that, it's good for both parties. On the other hand, you could be charging $10/sketch and if no one is buying its too expenseive. Adam Smith strikes again!

Comment

For me, I charge $20 if the character is considered Simplistic style or goofy/cartoony and you have the design at hand. But if I have to design, its $30.

$35-45 for an insanely kick@$$ comic book or realistic quality sketch. Like an Orc, or Troll, or knight etc.
        Of course since this is going in your portfolio you must also note me in your credits.

if its a nude character, you must be 21 or older and I'll have to card you.

you also get a free hug with any purchase.
        It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
        -Tyler Durdan

Comment

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww!!!!!

Homie don't play hugs.

Pimping art is one thing, but I draw the line at hugs.
          I'm an artist not a beanie baby.
          You win.

Comment

hehe Uber... do you accept coupons? Because I got one here that's 25% off to butter my *uffin...just kidding man, respect
            Last edited by SublimeOne; September 27, 2005, 20:33.
            JCF3D

Spiderwoodstudios

Comment

Don't be dissing the Beanie Babies, Baubles is tough!

Comment

Working...
              X