Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really really don't like MANGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really really don't like MANGA

nope

Wow... that image really scared his eyebrows clean off.
    ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I would have to agree.

His eye brows ARE gone.
      Hey! I saw you workin' on him earlier today. Cute picture.
      On a side note...
      Am I the only one who's tired of everyone and their mother drawing little anime characters!? C'mon...inovate! Create your own style. Show me a guy in the industry who read "How to Draw Manga" and now thinks he's an "artist" and I'll show you... China..no no, wait; Korea! Oh oh oh..I know. How 'bout the entire population of Japan! What ever happenned to Spumco!?
      Don't get me wrong. I love good manga/anime/robot toys, but I've seen enough of them to crap out a Bandai transformable, speed racer model; driven by a cute ,card deck weilding, ninja, cat girl every day of my life.
      But I degress. Yeah...I like yer baldy guy. Is it supposed to be Doc Watkins?
      I kid! I kid!

Comment

that picture on the floor is pretty scary....but yeah, who is the guy in purple.

Comment

Originally posted by UberAffe
          His eye brows ARE gone.
          Hey! I saw you workin' on him earlier today. Cute picture.
          On a side note...
          Am I the only one who's tired of everyone and their mother drawing little anime characters!? C'mon...inovate! Create your own style. Show me a guy in the industry who read "How to Draw Manga" and now thinks he's an "artist" and I'll show you... China..no no, wait; Korea! Oh oh oh..I know. How 'bout the entire population of Japan! Is it supposed to be Doc Watkins?
          I kid! I kid!

Looks like this one is strong with the force. :)
          It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Am I the only one who's tired of everyone and their mother drawing little anime characters!? C'mon...inovate! Create your own style. Show me a guy in the industry who read "How to Draw Manga" and now thinks he's an "artist" and I'll show you... China..no no, wait; Korea! Oh oh oh..I know. How 'bout the entire population of Japan! What ever happenned to Spumco!?
            Don't get me wrong. I love good manga/anime/robot toys, but I've seen enough of them to crap out a Bandai transformable, speed racer model; driven by a cute ,card deck weilding, ninja, cat girl every day of my life.
            But I degress. Yeah...I like yer baldy guy. Is it supposed to be Doc Watkins?
            I kid! I kid!
            Funny thing Gabe, when Will saw your character sketch of your low poly girl with the rabbit back pack that turns into a robot, he was like "hey look anime!", which is the same thing I thought. When I saw it I thought, "wow that's pretty damn cool, even if it is heavily-anime looking".

Comment

Looks like this one is strong with the force

Funny thing Gabe, when Will saw your character sketch of your low poly girl with the rabbit back pack that turns into a robot, he was like "hey look anime!", which is the same thing I thought. When I saw it I thought, "wow that's pretty damn cool, even if it is heavily-anime looking".
              ooh.... so it was YOURS that was the anime rollerblader, huh Uber.....

I was wrong, a sith in disquise... the dark side clouds everything.. :p jk man, that was a very nice style sheet indeed aside from its familiar looking genre
              It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
              -Tyler Durdan

Comment

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Sweet corn in the morning!!!
                It's NOT anime people! Ack!
                (blood vessels on fore head bursting)

I refuse to discuss the finer points of what is considered Anime and what is not as this is not the forum for that. I will simply state that your assumption was in error and that (for those that have the moxy) we can discuss this else where...

As for the initial topic of discussion...
                I apologise for openning Pandora's box w/ my original statement and I would like to reiterate my critque on the lil' bald guy.

very clever, the concept is "cute".

Looks like Anime.

mmmmmwwwwuuuuuuuuuuhahahAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Comment

the concept is "cute".
                  Would someone be so kind as to share my definition of the 'cute' (as it relates to design) to Gabe?

;)

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Without the trademark goatee.. Not a lot of resemblance. I haven't seen Adam in a while but I doubt he has adopted any purple shirts in his wardrobe. As for the yellow tie, that might be accurate who knows, Can never see it cause of the goatee..Those hands kinda make me think of Spock and the hand sign.... Live long and prosper.

Adam is supposed to say... You should look at your research.. :)

But anyways.. I can't be too harsh, making fun of teachers is bliss. :)
                    箴 言 18:12
                    敗 壞 之 先 , 人 心 驕 傲 ; 尊 榮 以 前 , 必 有 謙 卑 。

Comment

If everyone looks at a picture and sees anime, you really do have to do some explaining to prove that it isn't.
                      The character Lloyd is using to portray manga is stop-motion, from my understanding because I don't know about Domo-kun, which is neither anime nor manga, but it is Japanese and sometimes that's all it has to be or look like to be "anime"

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
                        Would someone be so kind as to share my definition of the 'cute' (as it relates to design) to Gabe?

;)

Haha... that's what you call ugly babies, UberAffe.

Comment

I'm not anieimee am I ........ am I!!!!!!!!!

?

Comment

LOL!

Comment

lloyd, you are a funny funny man.

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

Working...
                              X