Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Serenity Now! Serenity Now!....."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Serenity Now! Serenity Now!....."

Go see this movie!

Here is the official movie site:
    Browse our collection of movies, including new releases and classics, sortable by date, format, genre and rating - all available from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
    "The natives over there are cannibals. They eat liars with the same enthusiasm as they eat honest men." ~ Captain Nemo

I think my friend Derek knows her. Didn't she play the naked computer girl in one of those flop Sci-Fi shows on the WB?

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

Firefly is one of the best shows ever to never get a fighting chance. Mal Reynolds and the crew of Serenity were so much more likable than any of the Star Trek crews (except for DS9).

I really liked this show and was saddened when Fox canned it after a dozen or so episodes... they put it in the Friday night slot right before John Doe for crying out loud!

Anyway, SciFi has been replaying the season since the start of August (for those too cheap to buy the DVD set) and I've been TiVoing and wathcing them when I have the time.

I will be there next Friday night (it opens on the 30th, although its been screened for fan-boys in major cities since March) and will have my big tub of popcorn and my soda.

Maybe I'll start a "Serenity" Movie Group thread and we can all go see it together on Saturday afternoon/evening or something.

I am looking forward to this movie.

Nice to know that you know someone on the cast Matt... maybe I can get her autograph someday. ;)
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

yeah, that was it. I always wanted to catch an episode, but I think that when I was really heavy into martial arts which tied up my evenings

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

The latest commercials I've seen for it look pretty good.

But, I don't know; I always thought the premise for Firefly borrowed too much from Outlaw Star and Trigun. :p
          "If you wanna see some action, gotta be the center of attraction."

Comment

This movie is on my list of must see's. I have always been a fan of Joss Whedon, and I hope this movie gives him the credit he deserves.

Comment

haha. I know Summer too! She used to dance ballet for Texas Ballet Concerto (now named Ballet San Antonio), and so did my sister. My sister (Jean) and her were really good friends. I think my mom still talks to her mom ever so often when all the ballet girls try to get together for various stuff. We like to keep up with her career too...
              The best thing about life is knowing you put it together.

Comment

I'm going to go to the 10 PM show at the Northwood Cinemas (281 & 1604) tonight (10/1) if anyone cares to join me.

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

I'll be there!
                  "The natives over there are cannibals. They eat liars with the same enthusiasm as they eat honest men." ~ Captain Nemo

Comment

Sorry Matt, but I wasn't there.

My wife changed my plans on me the last minute.

Hope you liked the movie... guess I'm going to see it on Tuesday at the earliest.

Comment

I saw Flightplan at 9:45 at Northwoods... I was gonna see Serenity but the people with me wanted to see Flightplan... oh well, good movie too I guess.

Comment

I got to see the movie Friday but I never saw the series so I didn't like it as much as other people who actually followed the characters before. But overall it was everything I expected

Comment

wow, I've been skeptical about this one but so far, this movie has had some extremely high ratings, IMDB voted 8.7 out of 10, the only other movie thats that high right now is Advent Children at 8.4 out of 10.

IGN reviewed, gave it 4.5 out of 5.

one question though, I've heard a lot of great news about Firefly series, but will I be lost if I checked out Serenity?
                          It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

I saw some guys trash talking this movie on another forum. It was dumb because they were judging the quality of the movie based on the ratings of the show.
                            Seriously, if an idea spawns a TV show and then later a movie, there's got to be something good about it.

Comment

Come hell or high water, I'm seeing it this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X