Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Antonio Designer (Web/Print/3D)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio Designer (Web/Print/3D)

Job Description

Intrinsicore is looking for talented designers. We want people with a creative spirit and knowledge of graphic design programs. These programs include: Studio MX (Dreamweaver, Flash, Freehand, Fireworks), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and some 3D animation software (Maya or 3D Studio Max). Knowledge of web hosting as well as computer programming and networking is also recommended. The designer needs to have a reasonably flexible schedule and an ability to handle multiple jobs at once to meet deadlines for clients.

Salary

The Salary is based on the production of the designer. It can be very rewarding, but depends solely on how much effort the designer plans to put into the jobs that are given.

Contact Information

Jason Herrera
    Phone: 210-336-2590
    Email: jherrera@intrinsicore.com

So, basically, they want you to know everything. Software usage and programming and hardware even. Better be like 50k a year salary. I dunno if they want a designer, or a gift from God.

Comment

Originally posted by Janzer
      So, basically, they want you to know everything. Software usage and programming and hardware even. Better be like 50k a year salary. I dunno if they want a designer, or a gift from God.
      no kidding.

Comment

Welcome to the reality of the market today. Why hire three people if they can get one person to do all of it. Ultimately, they often end up getting one jack of all trades - but king of none.

However, note that they are looking for designerS - as in more than one. They are just listing a collection of softwares that they use....not necessarilly the packages they want each candidate to know.

Comment

Talk about the slicing job from hell...

‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Clayton
            Talk about the slicing job from hell...

http://www.intrinsicore.com/
            yeah and images for text, and non-existant links. no thanks

Comment

This thread has taken an interesting turn, but if you look at the advertisement, they are clearly looking for help in these design fields.

It's a job and a portfolio builder.

I'd say at least give it a shot with an interview.
              ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Er, yeah. If the site was perfect it would be unlikely that that they'd be looking to hire someone still in school or straight out of school. That's uh, kind of what they hire a designer to do.....

No matter what, a job that actually pays for graphic work is better than Whataburger or WalMart.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Watkins
                  Er, yeah. If the site was perfect it would be unlikely that that they'd be looking to hire someone still in school or straight out of school. That's uh, kind of what they hire a designer to do.....

No matter what, a job that actually pays for graphic work is better than Whataburger or WalMart.
                  whats wrong with Whataburger? ;) jk

Comment

"Intrinsicore is looking for talented designerS. We want PEOPLE "

I'm a moron, maybe I should learn how to read english first! O.o

Comment

Hell, I can do the 3d part of the job. But all that other stuff forget about it. These guys really need to hire 3 or four different people for this position. I think thats too much stress on one person even if he/she did know all that stuff. Thats just like PIxar hiring one guy to -- character sketch--Storyboard--Animatics--Modelling--Texturing--Rigging--Lip Sync-- Animating--Lighting--Rendering--Compositing--Editing---oh and dont for get the Voice Overs for all 30 characters.
                      Good luck to the holy one who gets this job.
                      ajizz

Comment

Remember San Antonio is a small market, so they will find someone willing to take on all the responsibilities or at least most of it for a descent salary, then out source the rest of the work to either part time help or an intern. Basically it is an opportunity build on your skills and an opportunity to have some printed pieces. So the next job interview you go to you will have real world experience.
                        "You aren't Mister Current Affairs are you? The "Mad Fish" went mad, and "The Gun" shot himself," Turkish, Snatch

Comment

You forgot HEB.

I dunno if they want a designer, or a gift from God.
                          I'm a gift from God, I just dont meet all the areas at an extreme level this guy wants.
                          It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
                          -Tyler Durdan

Comment

flexible schedule? they're talking to the wrong group of students

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonsta
                              Hell, I can do the 3d part of the job. But all that other stuff forget about it. These guys really need to hire 3 or four different people for this position. I think thats too much stress on one person even if he/she did know all that stuff. Thats just like PIxar hiring one guy to -- character sketch--Storyboard--Animatics--Modelling--Texturing--Rigging--Lip Sync-- Animating--Lighting--Rendering--Compositing--Editing---oh and dont for get the Voice Overs for all 30 characters.
                              Good luck to the holy one who gets this job.
                              ajizz
                              Seriously though, that's what you are probably going to end up doing in this industry... unless you DO work for Pixar or some other BIG studio, be prepared to do whatever it takes to get the job done... if you have to push out alot of renders and need to get 3 computer networked together to do some satellite rendering or if you have to do some photoshop work just fix up certain things, or just print labels to stick on 20dubs that are going out... I mean with all the smaller studios there are, you should really be prepared for this kind of thing. From the little bit of experience that I do have, I can tell you that you would be in for a big suprise if you didn't expect these things.

Or you can work for ILM and rotoscope Yoda out all day long... There are exceptions.....

Comment

Working...
                              X