Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looks interesting/ great pay ? lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks interesting/ great pay ? lol

Production Jobs > USA Texas > View Job Details
    Vacancy: Digital Artist/Digital Effects
    Employer: Grey Area Filmworks
    Duration: 40-80 hours, starts Open
    Payment is on a lo/no/deferred basis.

Martial arts action adventure film needs the following postproduction assistance:

The film entitled, MATZUDA is a martial arts adventure that consists of fighting with super powers and contains a heavy anime influence (Dragon Ball Z type stuff). The film was shot in 24P and a rough cut is being finalized.

Needed:

--> A digital artist to create photo realistic 2D animation and still frames for a Martial Arts / Anime influenced action adventure. The animation is not complex but more of a still with very MINOR movement Approx 15 minutes. The animation will need to closely resemble the live actors in the film and some will be used as backgrounds to key over a green screen. The final product will need to be 30FPS so it can be incorporated with the live action footage.

--> A conventional artist to create the images and we will film the artwork live. Not sure which method is better so any artists with a viable concept contact us.

Digital Effects:

We need someone to create “ripple effects” for the completed fight scenes. This effect can be best described as a distortion of the air, which is created when the characters of the film use their powers. I have seen this effect several times in movies and television and it seems pretty easy to do. As a reference, you may want to look at MINORITY REPORT – the ripple effect is there when Tom Cruise’s character uses the stun gun in the automobile assembly plant. The effect is seen several times in our film, MATZUDA. I estimate the effect shows ups for about 3 to 5 minutes. Since the effect is derived from the air I would like particle effects, such as dust added as well.

If anyone is interested in helping out, please send an estimate or what additional information you will need to provide an estimate. We have a modest budget to do this but we will provide a full production credit and a copy of the completed film.

Web: http://www.greyareafilms.com
    Apply to: Kareem Gray

"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems.

Homer Simpson"

sigpic

Originally posted by tex72shovelhead
    Payment is on a lo/no/deferred basis.
    Too funny. It's too bad that too many game companies getting started feel like they can find talented artists to provide content for free. I got burned on a couple of games as an undergrad myself, until I realized that if a game has promise, someone would have provided capital to have it produced right.....as in actually hire people to make quality stuff.

Comment

To me it sounds like a SciFi Channel "Saturday Night Movie."

;)
      ‎"Give me $50 worth. Just drive."

Twitter: @ProfClayton & @cgauiw || Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProfClayton || CGAUIW Facebook Group! || CGAUIW Flickr Page || ProfClayton's Vimeo Page

Comment

Working...
      X