Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cinefestival Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinefestival Entries

As much as I have an issue with only certain 'types' of students being able to enter this contest, here are the specs....

Attn.: Adam Watkins

Re: CineFestival

Dear Adam,

On behalf of CineFestival of San Antonio, Texas, I would like to invite your Latino students to submit their work to this year festival.

Here is some information on the festival and attached are the guidelines and application form.

The Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center and Cinefestival en San Antonio invites the Latino filmmakers to submit their films to the 28 th Annual CineFestival en San Antonio – the oldest running international Latino film and video festival in the United States.

Extended Deadline: August 31, 2005

CineFestival will be held November 11 – 19, 2005 at the historic Guadalupe Theater and the new Guadalupe Visual and Media Arts School and Galeria Guadalupe. For the first time, Cinefestival would give out cash prizes ($1,000 for each winner) for the five categories:

Best Feature Prize
    Narrative
    Documentary
    Animated 40 minutes and longer

Best Short Prize
    Narrative
    Documentary
    Animated under 40 minutes

Best Experimental Prize

Best South Texas First Film Prize (Resident of South Texas)

Best San Antonio Youth Prize (Resident of San Antonio)

CineFestival provides an important regional forum for viewing a representative sampling of works produced by and about the Chicano/Latino/Indigenous people.

For more information and to download the application form please visit http://www.guadalupeculturalarts.org...ts/cine2k4.htm

Thank you for your support.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate calling.

Best regards,

Guillermina Zabala
    Festival curator
    Cinefestival en San Antonio
    Phone: 210.822.0534
    Cell: 323.691.0927

Oh yes, pasty white geeks definitely have the advantage when it comes to 3d... :P

Comment

I just think that *any* of our students can compete and win on a globals stage. Good animation supersedes things like race and gender. I want us to be the best, not just the best of one group of people.

But, having said that, a win at a festival is a win. So if you're eligible, might as well enter.

Comment

Heheh, I was being facetious. I definitely agree, has nothing to do with race, hence the absurdness of my other post.

:P

Comment

Yeah, I knew you weren't being serious. If it were a festival that celebrated Latino issues, or latino art forms, and was looking for entries along that vein it'd be just right; but the description always irks me for this event.

I just hate events that imply things like: "asians, african-americans, and whites need not apply" - it feels like we're moving backward in time...

Celebrate diversity!

Comment

Preach on Adam
            Preach on
            POWER to THE 3D PEOPLE

AJ

Comment

Working...
            X