Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Version of Maya for New Semester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version of Maya for New Semester?

What version of Maya will we be using in class Professor Watkins? 6.5 or 7? just so I know which one to purchase beforehand.

THanks
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
    -Tyler Durdan

Got a gamertag? check out the thread - http://www.cgauiwtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4828

PS, This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Comment

alright thanks, I over looked that post.
      It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
      -Tyler Durdan

Comment

More software?

What would be the difference. A slight workflow fix, not that I could find any, and a few features we won't really have time to go into during the semester? My hands are a little full working with XSI and Silo now. I can't believe I'm actually gonna to ditch trueSpace...

Unless it is really that important and major an upgrade, Don't get too excited about software upgrades. There are a few studios out there that use packages two whole numbers old.

Being up to date, to me, simply means you have money to burn. If it adds needed features like Maya 6.5 does over 6.0 then go for it. If it adds stuff you have no idea what it is or does, then hang back until you do or until you might actually need it.

Anyway, See y'all this semester.

Kudos.
        Saving the Universe one minute at a time...

Comment

Working...
        X